A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Bourgeois:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Bourgeois
Depression Patient Education Visit our depression patient education guide to learn about mood disorder, medical conditions and symptoms of depression.Before Visiting Dr. Bourgeois Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Bourgeois, MD, OD is board certified in Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Cognition Disorders
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Mental Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome
- Psychotic Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Bourgeois graduated from Uniformed Services University, Bethesda.
Dr. Bourgeois has 1 hospital affiliations:
- David Grant Med Ctr, Travis Afb, Ca
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Alan Bourgeois MD and OD is a male Psychiatrist, has 22 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine.
- Where does Dr. James A. Bourgeois practice?
- Dr. James Bourgeois has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Bourgeois practices Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine near San Francisco, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Sacramento, CA.
See San Francisco Psychiatrists.