Dr. James Bried MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 16th, 2016
Exceptional surgeon.Golfing within 4 months of total shoulder replacement and 17 days of total knee replacement. He is a caring, personable physician. Friendly staff in an unbelievably efficient office. .

September 29th, 2016
Dr Bried repaired my torn rotator cuff. He did an awesome job, just as good as before my accident. Thank you Dr Bried!

August 26th, 2016
great doctor all the confidence in the world in him.

March 25th, 2016
Dr. Bried has performed two hip replacements on me in the past six months. I would highly recommend him.

December 18th, 2015
I had shoulder surgery from Dr. Bried and it was the easiest, best surgery ever! He explained everything that I should expect and was willing to answer all my questions. My recovery was exactly as I was told, with no complications. Great experience!!

October 14th, 2015
Among the Best of the Very Best
Doctors like any other profession/occupation, are a dime a dozen. Good one are hard to find. Superb ones are even more rare. Having undergone six leg surgeries, I can state that Dr. Bried qualifies as among the very, very BEST, a true professional with great understanding of both his patients and his craft. Three cheers for a real talent!

September 6th, 2015
Super Doc to the rescue!
I heartily recommend Dr. Bried! He replaced both of my knees (bone on bone) in one operation, and I was walking without any assistance within five days! What little pain I had (at the beginning) was gone within a week (although, of course, some swelling remained longer), and my flexibility is excellent. My therapists have said "amazing" and "waaaaaay far ahead in the recovery process" to describe my progress so I'm not the only ones who thinks he's brilliant! I feel like a new person!

August 4th, 2015
outstanding
Dr Bried is an exceptional surgeon

July 31st, 2015
The Best of the Best
If you are looking for the best Orthopedic Surgeon well look no more. My prerequisites are experience, background history, certifications and referrals. Dr Bried has it all to include bedside manners as a bonus. My recovery from total hip replacement was only five weeks and I was back to walking the beach and starting to hike again. You know you have a great surgeon when two members of the community ask you, "Did you get Dr. Bried"?

June 11th, 2015
Excellent surgeon
I give Dr. Bried and his friendly efficient staff my highest grades. Dr. Bried is a highly experienced and talented surgeon. He has done two total knee replacements and recently a total shoulder replacement on me at the Pomerado Hospital. At age 79 and a USATF All American in track and field, Dr. Bried has contributed greatly to the quality of life in my senior years. I have referred several of my friends to Dr. Bried and all are extremely happy with the results.

February 12th, 2015
He is very kind,smart,experienced and professional

June 26th, 2014
Replacement of my left knee.....
I received positive responses about this doctor when asking other doctors I have seen in the area he has his office. I found him to be easy to talk to and to have mostly positive reviews. My experience was excellent with the surgery going smoothly. I remained in the hospital for two nights and could have walked out if the hospital didn't have rules requiring the use of a wheelchair when leaving. This was my second knee replacement. The first was with an excellent doctor also but who was not available for this surgery. [Note that I did have considerable pain after the FIRST surgery due, I am sure, to some work done on it prior to finally having the replacement. I had to spend a couple weeks at a live-in rehab facility.] Dr. Bried's staff were also excellent as was the hospital staff and PT personnel used by this doctor. Note that I could have had any PT outfit but was glad that I chose to use the doctor's choice as they were outstanding. The few visits I had to the doctor's office prior to surgery (as well as after the surgery) never had a lengthy waiting time. I was concerned that, with his ratings as well as they are, that the wait time would have been longer. I also have learned after reviewing a number of doctors over the years that even the excellent doctors have that small number of unhappy persons giving ratings of 1's mixed in with the rest of the persons reporting their experiences being all 5's (or whatever the highest was for the review). Just this very day, not more than an hour ago I returned from my last post surgery visit to close my dealings with this doctor short of any visit becoming required for some unexpected cause and like all the previous visits, this one was to an empty waiting room (even with an office serving several doctors) and less waiting than getting to an open magazine and hearing my name called out. We basically said our good-byes and I gave a Thank You. He took one last look as I walked back and forth. My range of motion showed a 0 to 130 degrees, an excellent range which I reached within the first few visits of the PT instructor. I have to say this experience did turn out very well on all accounts.