Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist, Neurologist (brain, nervous system), Psychiatrists
Video profile
270 Farmington Ave
Suite 345
Farmington, CT 06032
860-674-0665
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  experienced and he works with you  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Brodey for a few years now. I had to sign "the contract" and right now I have to take not only a urine screening, but blood work has been added.I am NOT going to succumb to needles, so I guess I need to give him a call. I have to say that when you are having a "flare-up", he will work with you and will even consider a change, of medications as long as you come in well informed and it is reasonable. He is very experienced and has been doing this for a very long time.He use to make all of us wait, but lately he is pretty much on time, all the time, so that is an improvement! He is accommodating most of the time. I see 2 other doctors. One for procedures and another for cranial work. He knows what it going on with all your pain issues. I think it is really smart to have ONE prescriber. It is safer for us and it ensures there will be no medications that do not mix.I have come to like Dr. Brodey although he is a bit "dry", and not much eye contact. Once you get to know him, you will see he has a sense of humor under his rough exterior.I think the drug testing is annoying and too often. I frequently have to argue with MEDICARE to pay for it, which causes a lot of anxiety and tears for me. I wish he would keep it at once a year. That is all the energy I have to fight with insurance over a test I have no control over.

|  Raising the bar!  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2012

Dr Brodey, his colleagues, and his office staff raise the standards so high it's hard to find doctors who can live up to him. Dr Brodey is interested in you as a person, is very caring and returns emergency calls even on his days off, usually within the hour! He educates you without ever being condescending. He is a neurologist and a psychiatrist, the man is a genius! But he isn't egotistiscal at all.Someone else wrote a review that basically says "he prescribes addictive things"...well, Pain Specialists are liscensed to prescribe highly controlled medicines, and they are monitored. Everyone who has chronic pain should read the literature on addiction, tolerance, and physical dependence before discussing any treatment plan. You have to be responsible when it comes to your health care.Out of the patients who take OxyContin for legitimate chronic health / pain problems, only a very very small percentage become addicted. For patients with painful illnesses and permanent injury, time released pain medicine is a blessing, they have better controlled pain with less pills they have to take. It would be much better for the doctors and the chronically ill if people would stop abusing medicines!

|  show details
Jun 14th, 2012

Does nothing but give you oxycodone and valium to fix your problems, which then causes addiction.

|  Very knowledgeable  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2010

Honest and forthright. Won't tell you just what you want to hear. Challenges you to meet goals in a positive manner. Recognizes your efforts and ignores "pain behaviors" that are detrimental to your improvement. Definitely improved by leel of functioning in many areas.