Dr. James Bryner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

August 7th, 2015
NEEDS TO RETIRE!
Worst Dr. visit EVER! I took my daughter to his office which didn't even resemble an office and was in a sketchy area. The reception area looked like a waiting area for an auto repair shop. (first red flag) Dirty, old folding banquet table, and metal folding chairs and some office chairs with stains. We waited for him to get back from lunch and when he did he took us right back to his office. When we sat in his office many things were not right! He had sample meds all over in shelves that looked like they hadn't been dusted in 15 yrs. His desk and 2 huge 1970's lamps with crooked 3 foot lamp shades also had dust a mile high. His phone was I'm sure white at some point but looked like it had been wiped off never. His computer had to have been from the mid 80's. And to top it off his finger nails had black stuff under them & were disgusting! I was so glad I had gone with my daughter to this apt for an endometriosis consultation because there were so many red flags I was panicked to get her out of there. He did ask her some good questions and I am sure in 1950 he would have been considered a good Dr. However he was persistent about giving her a "full examination" and the whole time I just kept thinking... "you are not touching my daughter"... He gave off a sort of old creeper vibe. And the whole time my inner alarm system was on high alert. Amidst the 4 inches of dust and debris on his desk, front and center of us was his BOM. I am LDS but I found this a little strange. The last straw was when we got the bill for our 15 minute consultation. $480??? When we called to to make the apt we asked if they took our insurance. We got his name and number from our in network list of names. The answer was yes. As usual I left my insurance information and paid my copay. 30 days later I received an outrageous bill in the mail and they said that they DID NOT accept my insurance. WHAT??? So not only did I feel like my daughter could have been creepily assaulted and felt like we needed to go home and shower. I had to pay for that visit? ? I don't think so. We have tried to get them to negotiate but his office is in the dark ages. I would even be willing to pay the what the cost would have been with the insurance - to no avail. DO not waste your time, money, or energy here. Find a 21st century Dr. who can give you 21st century medical advise in a clean environment.

August 5th, 2015
Abrasive and dirty
Office is a mess, his behavior is fine so long as you agree with him, the moment that he wants to give you birth control that you don't want, prepare for a lecture. I also didn't appreciate his willingness to bill for a appointment I never made or had.

August 3rd, 2015
Never again.
His office is terrifying, when you walk in it feels like the twilight zone. He had dirty fingernails, and all of his equipment looked like it was from 1978. He tried to pressure me to take hormonal birth control, even though that's not what I had gone in for. I was then told that we could try many different birth controls to experiment with my body, I mean the arrogance was off putting.

January 20th, 2015
I LOVE Dr. Bryner! He is no longer covered under my current insurance plan, but, I'm still going to go to him....even if I have to pay for the visits out of my own pocket. He is so thorough in his exams and tests he orders on my behalf, and has helped me with some post-menopausal symptoms I've had. I have great faith in him and his medical wisdom and expertise. I dread the day he retires and is no longer practicing.

November 6th, 2013
Total fraud.
Horrible doctor!! PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW THIS MAN NEAR YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONES! I went to retrieve my records several times after changing to another doctor- they refused to give them to me, didn't know where they were etc... No surprise. But I was really upset and frustrated. I now do not have that surgical/medical information for me or my daughter. I had a very long bout with endometriosis. He constantly re-charged insurance billing. I think he was criminally charged with this. I'm quite sure his family, who were working in the office, were not medically certified to do certain things they did. (I was the idiot for allowing that.) This man left me on the surgical table to ask my husband if he wanted me to have a hysterectomy since I had a chocolate cyst that he had no idea if it was dangerous or not. (I was only 26 at the time.) He scared me into taking Lupon immediately without researching appropriately or having face to face discussions. This just made him more money. I know there were other issues with friends and family as well.

February 3rd, 2012
I would give Dr. Bryner 5 stars for bedside manner if it was possible. He has been very helpful and thorough in finding the solutions to the problems I have been having. He takes the time to make sure he has all of the information necessary, and he answers all questions. Staff is extremely friendly and at times I have been put right in to an office. The longest I had to wait was 15 minutes and that was one time out of 6 or 7 visits. LOVE him!

April 8th, 2011
Overcharges and runs unnecessary tests