Dr. J Burdick Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. J Burdick?

July 13th, 2016

Best Doctor in his field

Dr. Burdick is an exceptional doctor. He is extremely knowledgable and cordial to his patients. He is one of the best doctors in his field of expertise. I never feel rushed when I meet him. He saved my life from bleeding varices. Although I have never had to wait more then 10 min. to visit Dr. Burdick, through this experience I have learnt to understand that at times you may have to wait a little longer to meet a specialist like Dr. Burdick as he is in surgery trying to save someone's life, that very well could be you he is trying to save, emergencies should be given first priority. I would recommend Dr. Burdick to anyone looking to visit a gastroenterologist, he will be able to precisely diagnose your problem and help you get well.

June 7th, 2016

Was not engaged

Was referred to Dr Burdick by another Baylor physician for a diagnostic EUS. Waited 6 hours to get the procedure done. He spoke little. Informed me that I had a small pancreas but never explained why or where to go from here. I have an auto-immune disease that causes great chronic pain. I see a pain management physician at Baylor, the same facility that Dr Burdick works at and the entire time time I was getting an IV in the GI lab and being prepared for the EUS the nurses were yelling to Dr Burdick what medication I had been prescribed for pain. He was at best slightly cordual with a dry non-caring attitude. As soon as the procedure was over I was rushed out as quickly as possible. It is truly sad that the medical community at Baylor is so unaware and judge mental of genetic diseases that cause chronic pain and require the intervention of on of their colleagues in pain management to treat a suffering patient. No one wants to live with a genetic disease that causes wide spread pain and disability. And definitely as a last resort have to take pain medication on a daily basis. Don't you think we would love to flush every pill down the toilet and live virtually a pain free life?! Irreguadless this should Not affect the quality of care I get because you so called educated yet uneducated in so many diseases make a judgement on me and my life when you have No clue what I go through on a daily basis. Health is a gift and it can fail at anytime! I pray non of you are treated less than a person because of ignorance and your distorted judgement of others. Needless to say I have not heard from Dr Burdick or his office again. There are doctors out there who do care and look at you as a real person.

September 13th, 2012

arrogant and incorrect

My husband had an attack of pancreatitis, was referred to Dr. Burdick who treated him for a year with 6 cat scans,6 endoscopies with stent insertions. feeding tube insertion (prescribed wrong formula twice),failed to diagnose the onset of diabetes,and most importantly failed to diagnose the 5cm by 2cm cancerous tumor in the pancreas that had spread to the portal vein. Dr.Burdick also did not do blood work on a regularly scheduled basis. He failed on so many levels. At one office visit he threw my husband's chart at me because I had discussed my husband's deteriorating condition and lack of quality care with another doctor. Sadly my husband of 45 yrs lost his battle with cancer due to this doctor's incompetence, arrogance, and lack of caring. I highly recommend avoiding Dr.Burdick!!!! Just because you've met Mother Teresa doesn't make you a good doctor.

November 21st, 2011

I find Dr. Burdick extremely kind and compassionate. I got straight-fordward answers to all my questions and concerns. I faxed my paperwork ahead of time and everything was complately a piece of cake. The staff was extremely helpful.

July 5th, 2011

Aggressive doctor

I found Dr. Burdick to be rude and verbally aggressive. There are a lot of other gastroenterologists in Dallas I can go to.

November 11th, 2010

TOTAL CONFIDENCE

Good bedside manner. Very technical and proffesional. Tracked down my problem and fixed it.

January 31st, 2010

Exceptional doctor

I saw Dr Burdick as a hospital patient and he made me feel so comfortable. He is an exceptional doctor.

December 12th, 2008