A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Burke:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Burke, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Infectious Disease
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Burke graduated from Cornell University, New York.
Dr. Burke has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Lehigh Valley Hospital
- Temple University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Burke accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Capital Blue Cross - 6 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania - 5 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James A. Burke practice?
Dr. James Burke practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, and Cardiology near Allentown, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA and Bethlehem, PA.
See Allentown Internists and Allentown Cardiologists.