A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Burks:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Burks is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Burks, MD is board certified in Vascular Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Carotid Stenosis
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Varicose Veins
Education & Awards
Dr. Burks graduated from New York University. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Burks has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Healthsouth Doctors' Hospital
- South Miami Hospital Inc
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Burks accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 10 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 11 plans
- JMH Health Plan - 3 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Humana - 28 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James A. Burks practice?
- Dr. James Burks practices General Practice, Surgery, and Vascular Surgery near South Miami, FL.