A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Bussel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Bussel is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Bussel, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Blood Coagulation Disorders
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
Education & Awards
Dr. Bussel graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Bussel has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Bussel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 9 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Unicare - 4 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James B. Bussel practice?
Dr. James Bussel practices Pediatrics, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology, Pediatric Hematology, Hematology, Hematology & Oncology, and Medical Oncology near New York, NY.
See New York Pediatricians, New York Pediatric Specialists, New York Hematologists, and New York Oncologists.