Dr. James Butler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 27th, 2016
For the Love Of Money~
Some Doctors Will Always Be a Doctor and Keep the Patients Health First, But It Seems as Dr. Butler Will Work For the Insurance Companies If the $$$ Is There and to Put It in Plain Words Be Paid Off To Do What Is Best For The Insurance Company's. For This Reason, I would Hesitate Before Forgoing His Services and Hope You Would Beware Of What May Be A "Wolf In Sheep's Clothing"....

January 2nd, 2016
Outstanding Person and DR. This saids it all

October 13th, 2015
Great Doctor. office personnel drag their feet
Dr. Butler is an excellent, down to earth guy. He isn't surgery happy but will suggest that when needed. He will take the time to answer your questions and give you the time to do your research to make a choice if need be. My only complaint is how his office personnel drag their feet when scheduling a procedure. Takes over a week sometimes to schedule something. And I know its them because my insurance company approves anything the same day its called in.

August 13th, 2015
Very DISAPPOINTING
Dr, Butler is very good but his office staff is very rude and disorganized. For that reason, I will never go back to see him.

March 4th, 2015
Emergency back surgery
This Dr and staff are unbelievable. In my 44 years of life I have never met a gentleman quite as nice and courteous as Dr Butler. I was referred to dr Butler at a moments notice and without question he saw me in his office. He set up and executed my surgery with in 12 hrs of my visit. He actually cares about the quality of life for his patients. I can't begun to say enough about him. His staff is second to none and without a doubt are the best staff that my family has ever encountered. Thank you Dr Butler and staff!!!

February 6th, 2015
Very good doctor!
He is a great doctor, I have been a patient for 15 years. I would recommend him.

May 10th, 2014
Patient
Saw Dr Butler on Monday two weeks ago. He told me he was going to contact my pain management doctor to find out what type of injections he gave me. He also told me he would contact me on Wednesday to let me know his findings. After a week of not hearing from him I called and spoke with his nurse who told me she would speak with Doctor Butler. A week later no return call. To me this is totally unacceptable. Moving on to another doctor.

April 25th, 2014
Pipeline Constulruction / welder/fitter/inspection .
Dr. James Butler , is one of the most caring and informative Dotors I have ever met. His way of relating to me as a Patience gave me a clearer understanding of my condition . I would recommend his service and have over the past years since 2007 when he performed surgery on my Back. I was up walking the same day . He will help you to understand using terms a 5 th grader would be able to comprehend . He is the Beat:)

March 6th, 2014
Dr. Butler is not "Surgery Happy"., he has been my Orthopaedic for nearly 20 yrs. I trust him completely. His staff is friendly and helpful.

January 16th, 2014
Excellent Doctor !!!
I am now 63 yrs old, and still obese (unfortunately). I was rear ended, while stopped at a red light in Metairie in 2007. My primary doctor, highly recommended Dr. Butler, he performed Back Surgery on me in 2008. He was Excellent, very Professional, Compassionate, and I would definitely recommend him to anyone. Overall Rating: Excellent

November 3rd, 2013
RN
Dr. Butler is an excellent surgeon whose personal values are reflected in his compasionate and sensitive manner. He demands the best of himself and expects the same from his staff. He is absolutely the best.

June 11th, 2012
Excellent Doctor who cares
I had dealt with back pain for over a year after a severe fall. Went through Physical Therapy and 3 injections for the severe pain. I was told by a the doctor I was seeing in Hattiesburg, MS that surgery was not an option for me to suck it up, loose weight (40 lbs.) and get over it. I was so devestated I became so depressed because I was in constant severe pain. Dr. Butler came highly recommended to me. The first thing was a current MRI (the prior dr. used 1 that was 14 mos. old) to determine I had new problems and the previous injections were not in the right place. Surgery was performed and I was back driving 135 miles daily to work in 1 month. I am not totally pain free but know what triggers it and can deal with what I have. Dr. Butler gave me my life back...He is my Hero!