Dr. James Dozier MD, FACS Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

March 24th, 2016
My husband had a surgery scheduled - not really explained to us very well. When we were in the hospital ready to go back, we stated that we were planning on having him return to work on Monday - the surgery was the Thursday prior. His response was 'well that is a little aggressive, but I am all for someone going back to work'. That was his opportunity to explain that the surgery was a laminectomy and that recovery is 6 weeks. No word. We found out that an EMG test should have probably been performed before the surgery to see where there may be possible nerve damage. Surgery on L4 and L5, no relief of nerve pain in anterior right thigh. EMG ordered by family doc and showed issues with L2 and L3. Now we are having another surgery, but not with Dozier.

February 22nd, 2015
Excellent doctor

April 8th, 2014
Dr. Dozier recently removed a brain tumor from me. Being in the medical field, I never expect much bedside manner from a surgeon, however, Dr. Dozier took his time, explained exactly what he was going to do, updated my family as needed, and asked at every visit, "Do you have any questions for me?" I would highly recommend him.

March 20th, 2014
My back surgery
A friend of mine is having back problems, and I just looked to see if Dr. Dozier was still in Ft. Wayne. I found him and was VERY, VERY disappointed to read the 2 reviews that were not positive! In fact, I found them hard to believe! I have nothing but the highest respect for Dr. Dozier. He did my spinal surgery a few years ago (herniated and pinched disk) and I would go back to him in a heartbeat! Very professional and kind, perfect bedside manners, and an accurate diagnosis. My family and best friend all felt the same way. I will certainly be recommending him to my friend. And if I ever have any more problems, I will go straight back to him. He's a good man, a great doctor and fantastic surgeon!

September 16th, 2013
Can you get less human
I recently ruptured 2 disks in my neck. Dr. Dozier walked over to me pulled on my arms, and asked what I was here for. I asked him what he thought I should do and he replied "Im a surgen. Thats what I do." I asked what other options I had and he stated "get physical therapy" and walked out of the room. He has NO people skills, and expects everyone to know what happened to them. I have never had a broken bone, er visit, or anything. I was scared out of my mind. I switched doctors pronto!! What a joke.!!

July 19th, 2013
Appt was a total waste of time and money. Dr Dozier didn't listen when I tried to explain my symptoms just kept saying they didn't match the MRI He then ordered more X-rays and another MRI and when I asked the nurse how to schedule the next appt she looked surprised and said if he wanted to see me his office would call. I then asked if the X-rays and MRI would even be sent to his office since I was in a satellite office and she said she could request they be sent to him if I wanted! Why order test that he had no intention of reviewing?! He never explained what the first MRI even showed and when I asked a simple question if there was a LESS powerful pain med I could switch to he replied "take a hot shower". I would never recommend Dr Dozier and will be scheduling further appts with a different physicians group. I am extremely dissatisfied that I had to wait 6 weeks for this appt and learned nothing about my condition.

March 31st, 2011
Saved My Mom's life
Dr. Dozier is wonderful. He just did brain surgery on my mom who had a very Massive Brain Turmor. She is doing wonderful. With so many things that could have went wrong we are so blessed that God worked through this amazing man. I recommend him highly.

July 14th, 2017