A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Gay:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Gay is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gay
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Gay Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Gay, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Education & Awards
Dr. Gay graduated from Emory University , Atlanta.
Dr. Gay has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Vanderbilt University Hospital
- Vanderbilt Children's Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Chalmers Gay MD is a male Pediatrician, has 34 years of experience and practices in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- Where does Dr. James C. Gay practice?
- Dr. James Gay has 1 office location.
Dr. James Gay practices Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology near Nashville, TN.
See Nashville Pediatricians and Nashville Oncologists.