Dr. James Gilbert MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 8th, 2015
OUTSTANDING PHYSICIAN
Dr Gilbert is the most kind, professional, and outstanding physician I have EVER known. He is TRULY a blessing to my family and WE ARE SO THANKFUL to have him in North Alabama!!

February 23rd, 2015
Great Experience!
Our three-year-old had surgery and instead of the whole process being scary, Dr. Gilbert and his staff were comforting and explained everything. We had many questions and we never felt stupid for asking them. Even our three-year-old loved Dr. Gilbert and his staff.

September 24th, 2014
Wonderful Bedside manner
Dr. Gilbert performed a surgery on my son's ingrown and infected toenail. He was very personable with my son and us, the parents. He took his time and explained thing to us and calmed our fears. I would recommend him to any of my friends.

November 28th, 2012
Top Notch
I was so impressed with my daughter's consultation visit with Dr. Gilbert. His office staff from the front desk, to the nurse practitioner Steadman, and Nurse Nikki were so kind and helpful. We felt valued and not rushed. Dr. Gilbert took the time to explain things and carefully examined my daughter and talked with us about all the issues she was having not just physically but emotionally as well. As a cancer survivor she has been to a lot of physicians and Dr. Gilbert is in her top two and this is coming from a 15 year old who has seen doctors from B'ham, AL to Mass General in Boston. I am comforted by the thought that my child has someone of this character and knowledge base to help her continue on a path to a higher quality of life.

July 12th, 2012
Fantastic Experience
Everything about our experience was wonderful, from pre-surgery through the operation and our follow-up visit in his office. What a wonderful man and physician!!

June 17th, 2010
OUTSTANDING DOCTOR!!!!!
Dr. Gilbert is an outstanding doctor and North Alabama is lucky to have him. His knowledge and expertise is far beyond most doctors. His truely caring nature for children and their families is most impressive. He holds his staff to the highest of standards and they raise to his expectations. I am so thankful to have him caring for my son and would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone who needs a doctor who follows through,cares and is willing to go to what ever lengths it takes to find answers in helping children get quality health care.

February 3rd, 2010
Dr. Gilbert and staff were outstnding in every area. He and his staff should receive the best of the best ratings in every catagory.

September 25th, 2008
Emergency Surgery
We had excellent care from Dr Gilbert and his staff. They are well organized and appear to respect the value of the patient's time. He did an excellent job and surgery and recovery went extremely well.