Overall Review

April 3rd, 2015
I love love love dr.Mayer! he is absolutely amazing doctor !! We got our baby girl, and very blessed !! Thank you dr.Mayer for your magic!

July 30th, 2013
Great Doctor. Thorough, caring & gentle
I saw Dr. Mayer in 2008 for infertility... He was so thorough in his testing, he found a huge dermoid cyst on my ovary the size of a grapefruit... he took it out & save 50% of my ovary & it still functions..i had 4 IUI's with no luck but he was not Pushing us for us to go into IVF telling us to be patient because of everything testing normal. In 2009 we had our first successful & natural pregnancy & had our son in 2010. Sept 2013 baby #2 is on his way.He also helped out my fried with PCOS...she had a beautiful baby girl with her first IUI in 2012. Since moving to FL I have had horrible experiences with various doctors in various specialties. Dr. Mayer is a gem!

May 31st, 2013
Did my HSG & it was as good as it gets!
I actually am a patient of Dr. Plotsker, but Dr. Mayer attended my HSG & I had to leave a review of his very kind and considerate treatment during this procedure. I had read and heard stories about how difficult the HSG could be; and I was so impressed by Dr. Mayer's bedside manner. He explained everything that was happening as it happened, went very slowly and it didn't hurt a bit. He also showed me the slides after the proceedure and explained what he saw. I really like Dr. Plotsker, but would also recommend Dr. Mayer if this is representative of his work and style.

July 26th, 2012
Wonderful!!!!
Anyone on this planet who leaves Dr. Mayer a bad review must be crazy. I have been going to him for three years. Initially, to obtain a diagnosis. Then we decided to go forward with IUI, which Dr. Mayer advised against, but because of the lower cost we went ahead and tried it three times. Then we took time off to save and prepare for IVF which was Dr. Mayer's initial treatment suggestion. I have probably been to the office 30 or more times. He did my 2 saline infusion sonograms, my hysterosalpingogram, and NUMEROUS transvaginal ultrasounds. I was so scared of the HSG because so many people told me it was going to be super painful. When I told Dr. Mayer I was scared he said very kindly, "What for? You won't feel a thing". And he was right. Everytime I have had an appointment he takes plenty of time to talk to my husband and myself. Never leaves the room until all of your questions are answered fully. He draws detailed pictures for you so you understand. He is pretty blunt, but I appreciate that. And I have never thought that he was blunt in a mean way. I am a nurse and I deal with MANY doctors on a daily basis and the large majority of doctors are pretty arrogant and act like it is a privilege to speak to them. Dr. Mayer acts like he is a friend but at a professional distance. I can't speak highly enough of him and his incredible office staff. You leave a message and they call you back. You never feel like a "customer" but like they are genuinely there to help you. I have referred my personal friends to Dr. Mayer and have never had anyone complain. I just hope when people leave bad reviews it's not because they are just mad at a poor prognosis. If I don't get pregnant it won't be because of Dr. Mayer and his staff. However, the billing department at USF is terrible.

July 15th, 2012
not the best
I have seen this doctor the very first time we decided to seek infertility treatments and he made me cry, he assured us we have less than 2% chance getting pregnant because of poor morphology from the 2 semen analysis, when all the other semen analysis done at diff. offices were normal. when I asked him how can it change from one office to another, he said that their embryologist manually checks the sperm, as oppose to computerized. he sent us a letter home saying that ivf with icsi is our only chance. he was wrong. we went on to see a doc at reproductive medicine group and because the practice is so big and they have so many patients they are concentrated on the money, so we found dr. Welden- a God sent!!! he evaluated us, spent time with us even on weekends while we were doing iui's. I am trully blessed for finding dr. welden as he does not even compare to dr. Mayer who has so much to learn from Dr. welden and all of the reproductive specialists should learn patient care from dr. Welden. I am thankful for a dr who does not think he is God, unlike others and who is not in practice just to make money through IVF but is kind, friendly and NEVER rushes with a patient. Dr. Mayer should really consider learning to care and live for the money.

March 10th, 2011
Best doctor we have found
James Mayer is a very good doctor. He listens to your problems and answers any type of questions. He is a very knowledgeable doctor. He makes you comfortable and tries his best to solve your problem and gives best treatment. I would 100% recommend this doctor.