A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nelson
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Nelson Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Nelson, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from University of Wisconsin at Madison. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Nelson has 2 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- Hamden Health Care Center, Hamden CT
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Craig Nelson MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. James C. Nelson practice?
- Dr. James Nelson has 1 office location.
Dr. James Nelson practices Psychiatry near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Psychiatrists.