A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Russell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Russell is Good.
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Russell, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Breast Diseases
- Critical Care
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Gallbladder inflammation (Cholecystitis)
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Myocardial Diseases
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Stomach Cancer
- Vascular Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Russell graduated from McMaster University, Hamilton. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Russell has 8 hospital affiliations:
- St Joseph's Hospital
- CHANDLER REGIONAL Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Craig Russell MD is a male Surgeon, has 31 years of experience and practices in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- Where does Dr. James C. Russell practice?
- Dr. James Russell has 3 office locations.
Dr. James Russell practices Surgery and Surgical Critical Care near Phoenix, AZ.
See Phoenix Surgeons.