A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Russell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Russell is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Russell
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Russell Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Russell, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- Breast Diseases
- Critical Care
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Gallbladder inflammation (Cholecystitis)
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Myocardial Diseases
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Stomach Cancer
- Vascular Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Russell graduated from McMaster University, Hamilton. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Russell has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Paradise Valley Hospital
- St Joseph's Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Craig Russell MD is a male Surgeon, has 33 years of experience and practices in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- Where does Dr. James C. Russell practice?
- Dr. James Russell has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Russell practices Surgery and Surgical Critical Care near Phoenix, AZ.
See Phoenix Surgeons.