A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James West:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. West
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. West Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. James West, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. West graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor.
Dr. West has 2 hospital affiliations:
- National Naval Medical Center - Bethesda
- Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Curtis West MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 11 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. James C. West practice?
- Dr. James West has 1 office location.
Dr. James West practices Psychiatry near Bethesda, MD.
See Bethesda Psychiatrists.