Dr. James Caillouette MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 5th, 2016
Very professional, knowledgeable, and informative. Excellent diagnosis supported with X-rays.

November 10th, 2016
My operated leg is 3" shorter than my other leg
I can barely talk about this because it is such a sensitive subject with me but the operated leg with a total arthroplasty ended up being 2 1/2 to 3 inches shorter than my good leg that was not operated on. I had it professionally measured. So my right hip is deteriorated yourself to have a hip replacement I will definitely be going to another surgeon. It has been very disturbing emotionally for me as it effects my walk, my pain level and my life.

June 13th, 2016
Total Hip Right Hip Replacment
I tried to write two pages of details on why my experience was so good with Dr Caillouette, but I do not think the web site could handle that much detail. So I have to summarize - when a surgeon is this good they are very busy, so it is key for them to have good support staff. HOI has pre-surgery seminars which help to prepare you for surgery, I was very impressed with the infection control procedures, I went into surgery and left HOI and the NOI office with detailed medication and ice therapy and preparation instructions to deal with infection, recovery, pain, blood clots and side affects. Post surgery in home PT was excellent, PA Cara Walker was great and the NOI office kept up with my work related disability paperwork. Dr Caillouette and his staff have good ratings for many good reasons. A first rate experience all around.

February 9th, 2016
Ms
I went into my surgery confident in the skills of Dr Cailouette and was not disappointed. I have been most impressed with the communication of the surgeon and his staff as they have related to me, the speed, the kindness and the sensitivity that they portrayed both while I was in the hospital and now at home. I did have a lot of nausea post surgery and would like to know how to minimize that experience if I need another knee replacement surgery down the road. I also want to give kudos to Cara Walker, his P.A.

February 8th, 2016
Excellent impression
Personable .. Sorry, I didn't make it to my pre-op appointment for hip replacement due fo a near fainting spell, I had a short, meaningful visit with Dr.Caillouette and wish the operation had taken place. I'm having a echocardiogram Wednesday, and still hope for a pre-op and operation by Dr. Caillouette after the heart checkup.

January 19th, 2016
Best Ever Knee Surgeon
This is my second replacement (Both right and left) I am not sure how a total knee replacement could be any easier or better. 14 days after the operation I am going up and down stairs and walking a mile a day. No pain meds. And I am 75+. Unbelievable.

January 8th, 2016
The BEST Hip Surgeon
Dr. C and Hoag Orthopedic Center really are the BEST combination for hip replacement patients. Dr. Caillouette is so knowledgeable and uses the latest technology and research to ensure that his patients are well cared for and receiving the best treatment available. Dr. C has an impressive resume, founded Hoag's Orthopedic Center, patented several orthopedic devices and works with Johnson and Johnson to test and develop new medical tools. He really seems to be an authority in his field. In addition, he takes special care and time with his patients, checking in with them online before and even after surgery for several weeks to make sure they are preparing and healing properly. My mother had hip replacement surgery with Dr. C and was out of bed, walking again 6 hours after surgery! I only wish she would have had the surgery sooner! She is doing even better than expected and she with previous unrelated surgeries, has a tougher time than average patients her age. We are thrilled and won't hesitate to recommend Dr. C to our friends. We are so grateful that we found him.

January 5th, 2016
Dr c is courteous, professional, inspires confidence. I was impressed by his credentials and when I had my appointment, he impressed me with his explanations. He answered my long list of questions patiently. He's the "go to "doctor.

December 29th, 2015
Patient
Dr. Caillouette and his team exceeded all expectations. You feel as if you are part of the team working towards your recovery. They are very thorough in answering all questions. From the start I was totally at peace to use him as my surgeon. I suggest to everyone who chooses to use him, to follow the program completely to ensure great recovery.

December 25th, 2015
Don't hesitate!
If your quality of life is limited because of hip problems, don't hesitate to have Dr. Caillouette replace it! I've had both done (at ages 62 and 64) and have nothing but praise and thankfulness for the work that he did. This time I had no pain, and only slight discomfort., and was walking without cane or walker after just a few days. I'm looking forward to getting back to my active lifestyle.

December 22nd, 2015
the best
Going through this experience in the beginnig was scary not knowing what the outcome could be like.Dr. Cailloutte to me, exuded extreme confidance and i had complete faith in his abilities. Two weeks later, I am pain free driving and getting back to normal.I look at him as an amazing Surgeon.If you are in need of someone superior in HIP SURGERY, do hot hesitate to contact Dr. Callioutte..in my eyes, HE Is The BEST!!!!!!

December 16th, 2015
Excellent surgeon who understands the importance of involving patient in decision making process. All staff are informed, pleasant, and helpful. My new knees are a miracle.