Dr. James Calmes MD Patient Reviews

• Rheumatology Lubbock, TX

3.9

March 9th, 2017
Same Negative Experience
This happened a couple years ago but since another person had my same experience, I wanted to include mine. When I had an extreme flare-up of pain, they refused to see me except as a new patient, and that would be four months. Seem not to care at all if someone is in pain. I went to physical therapy (Spectra), and that helped enormously. Can't recommend Spectra and PT highly enough. It did the trick. So all's well that ends well. Just as glad this happened as it did.

July 10th, 2012
The most caring, compassionate doctor I have ever been to.

June 9th, 2012
Don't waste your time with this doctor.

December 9th, 2010
I was completely satisfied with my first visit to Dr. Calmes. I highly recommend him to my family and friends. He seems to be a very caring and kind doctor. His staff was equally as caring. Everyone seemed to me to be very professional. I cannot say enough good about this doctor and his staff.

February 21st, 2010
Rescheduling Appointments
I have had to reschedule my Mother's appointment due to illness within the family. Staff was extremely accommodating. She lives 175 miles from Dr. Calmes office. Staff and Dr. Calmes are always very cogniznant of the distance and the fact that family members schedules to drive our mother to the appointments.When working with other doctors, Dr. Calmes' staff always works with us and provides any data requested.He listens and is very willing to answer any questions that we have.

May 22nd, 2008
Hard to get an appointment
I have been a patient several years. I had an appointment with him last May but cancelled because I had to have a knee replaced. When I was desperate to see him this May, I was told because I did not keep my appointment last May that I would have to signup as a new patient! Not very considerate of them I say!