Dr. James Carsten MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 5th, 2015
Dr. Carsten is one of the best doctors I have ever come into contact with. I have many health issues, and have seen MANY doctors throughout the course of 8 years. Dr. Carsten deserves to be called a doctor. He treats you like an actual human being! He's very intelligent, caring and not just out to make his wallet fatter. I'm very lucky to have found him, and I'm switching my son's dr even just so he can see him. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone.

March 6th, 2014
Dr. Carsten truly cares for his patients! I went to him because my regular doctor was a bit more backed up and I ended up switching to having Dr. Carsten as my doctor instead. He is very thorough and is willing to spend the time you need with him. I asked him something very specific about research on a certain vaccine and he did not know the answer (it was on a very recently published study) but looked it up with me in the room and then we talked about the results. He is truly an intellectual individual that isn't just going to give you his gut feeling or a repetitive response frequently seen on the internet. He's an awesome guy and an even better doctor!

August 16th, 2011
You're a REAL person to him
If you find yourself waiting for Dr. Carsten past your appt. time, the evidence will prove that he spends as much time with you as needed to answer and solve your issues. He will hear all of your medical complaints not just the one that you called about! I have had Drs. in the past tell me to not give them a "laundry list" during my appt. Dr. Carsten listens to everything because he knows we do not know, what is or is not, relevent to our ailment. His wonderful nurse responses to phone calls promptly and usually already has the answer when she calls back! Way to reach out Ms. Peggy! 5 stars to Dr. C and Nurse! Follow up on referred-out care is sketchy would like to have better quarterbacking on profile of health plan going forward.

May 11th, 2010
Knowledgeable and Thorough
Dr. Carsten knows his stuff. Extremely thorough. First time I've ever had an EKG done within the office, during my yearly check up. My only recommendation is that he speak to you, as opposed to at you - my perception. Otherwise he seems like a very bright guy.

March 2nd, 2010
great doctor, very nice personality, professional, great with preventative medicine, very caring.