A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Cavanagh:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Cavanagh is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cavanagh
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Cavanagh Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Cavanagh, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Cavanagh graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla.
Dr. Cavanagh has 2 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore University Hospital
- North Shore Univ Hosp At Forest Hills
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Joseph Cavanagh MD is a male Psychiatrist and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. James J. Cavanagh practice?
- Dr. James Cavanagh has 4 office locations.
Dr. James Cavanagh practices Psychiatry near Garden City, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Greenlawn, NY and Long Beach, NY.
See Garden City Psychiatrists.