A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Cavanaugh:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cavanaugh
Schizophrenia Patient Education Schizophrenia patient education guide explains how this brain disorder affects behavior and lists symptoms and treatments.Before Visiting Dr. Cavanaugh Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Cavanaugh, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Cavanaugh graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Cavanaugh has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Rush University Medical Center
- Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Med, Chicago, Il
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Cavanaugh MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. James Cavanaugh practice?
- Dr. James Cavanaugh has 1 office location.
Dr. James Cavanaugh practices Psychiatry near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Psychiatrists.