A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Cavanaugh:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cavanaugh
Major Depressive Disorder Patient Education Vitals patient guide for major depressive disorder and types and sypmtoms of depression such as dysthymia or postpartum.Before Visiting Dr. Cavanaugh Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Cavanaugh, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Cavanaugh graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Cavanaugh has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Rush University Medical Center
- Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Med, Chicago, Il
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Cavanaugh MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. James Cavanaugh practice?
- Dr. James Cavanaugh has 1 office location.
Dr. James Cavanaugh practices Psychiatry near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Psychiatrists.