A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Cavins:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Cavins is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Cavins, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
Education & Awards
Dr. Cavins graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Dr. Cavins has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
- Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James A Cavins MD is a male Urologist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Urology.
- Where does Dr. James A. Cavins practice?
- Dr. James Cavins has 2 office locations.
Dr. James Cavins practices Urology near Santa Barbara, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Goleta, CA.
See Santa Barbara Urologists.