Dr. James Cennamo Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Cennamo?

October 2nd, 2016

He is unsure of himself; appears as if he is drugged; waited over 45 minutes; office staff are curt and rude; would NEVER go back nor recommend him. He is a DO not an MD and perhaps his training is marginal.

September 17th, 2016

Patient

Dr James is a very great Dr, I miss him , I was unable to see him because the office didn't accept my insurance and now I'm working hard to change my insurance plan just to back to him.

February 20th, 2015

Knows what most doctors don't bother to learn

Dr. Cennamo is one of the few doctors with experience and knowledge in esoteric science and alternative and holistic medicine. He is not all about prescription medicine like most doctors although I'm sure he would have no problem in that area for emergencies. Ever since his move to the new office with AHF there has been a HUGE improvement when it comes to office staff, although wait time for appointments is slightly longer than before. I trust Dr. Cennamo highly and he is the only doctor I have ever visited who knows at least as much as I do about nutrition. He is interested in finding the causes of conditions, not just covering up symptoms, and welcomes patients who are motivated and independent . Unfortunately I have not found this to be true with most other doctors I've visited over the years, many of whom actively look down on any type of research and digging you might do on your own. He takes a very creative and in-depth approach to medicine and that is why I value him so much. His treatment of my midlife condition with bioidentical hormones has made a huge difference. If you want a standard doctor who is going to dictate a program of pills to you, you should see someone else. If you really want to discuss what's going on, Dr. Cennamo is the man.

January 5th, 2015

Poor situation, nursing staff backup for the birds. Getting thru with him almost impossible. Follow up after visit non existant.

July 11th, 2014

Love the doc, hate the guy at the front desk

I think the doctor is very good. He is personable, competent, and open to a more holistic approach as compared to most other docs. Sadly, the guy who works at the front desk has one of those "I can't be bothered" attitudes. He is snobby and condescending and seems annoyed most of the time --- to the point I hate calling to make appts or discuss health care concerns. I still go there because I do like the doctorvery much, but that front desk guy definitely takes away from the overall experience.

January 14th, 2014

Good Doctor

This is a nice practice. When it's your time to see the doctor, it is the doctor, himself, that comes to the waiting room to greet you and take you back. I like that. I have never, ever felt rushed with this doctor. He is very personable.

November 25th, 2013

Competent, thorough physician

I was referred to Dr. Cennamo by another physician who herself uses Dr. Cennamo as her personal physician. He has shown superb competence and is a good diagnostician. Unlike most mainstream M.D.s., Dr. Cennamo takes the time to listen and probe a little to find your real problem. He also takes the time to explain in detail what the problem is and what the different approaches might be to treat it. I have always found the staff friendly and professional.

October 17th, 2013

Life saver

Finally a doctor that listens!!! OMG I can't express how thankful and happy I am to have been recommended to see Dr. Cennamo. I have been going thru REALLY BAD menopause and had already given up on my regular ob/GYN who just did not listen to what I was going thru... But that was not the case with Dr. Cennamo.. He even called me the day after my first blood test to discuss my anemia! Ha! Haven't received a phone call from a doctor in 10 years. Now he is treating me and I am a in heaven again, loving life! Thank you so much!

October 1st, 2013

patient mistreated

I have a been a patient there for over 6 years. Within the past few months I have been given attitude and mistreatment from his office staff particurlarly from his phlebotomist Georgette. I have found Dr. Cenamo at times to be unprepared and relying on his laptop for information for prescribing medicines and dosages. There have been numerous times he seemed foggy and under the influence of the anti anxiety medicine Xanax or some related medicine. His front office staff are extremely a not friendly but militant and can not keep accurate records or messages. The say they contact you about coming in to the office for a particular reason however I never get the phone call and then when I have 2 days left to my prescription I need to take daily they refuse to refill the medicine saying i never came in for an appointment. They never contacted me regarding setting up an appointment in the first place and then when i said yes they give me an appointment 3 weeks from today which means I would be out of my medicine for 3 weeks. What kind of medical practice is this when they know I can not go without the medicine and need it ever day? I have never received such mistreatment and drama and attitude form a doctor's office in my life. If you are a patient who takes an active role in your healthcare decisions and does your own research and questions the doctor then this practice will not receive you well. They take offense when a patient is informned and asks questions regarding their decisions. Also there have been numerous times theat they do not carry common medicines and immunizations in their office they most doctors provide. Their response to not carrying it is that it costs them too much money to provide it. I thought patient care was the primary concern. That is why they call him a primary care doctor and he fais at that. I do NOT reccommend this medical practice to anyone. They have little to no respect for their patients and they are militant and rude and play games as they did with my current issue.

October 1st, 2013

Go somewhere else for medical care

Cennamo consistently late by 30 min, has rude front office staff, is very disorganized, does not care about patients. Does not know much about anti-aging medicine. If you're wanting to see an anti-aging doctor, see a chiropractor, acupuncturist, naturopathic doctor (they know more about holistic health than this guy).

June 14th, 2013

Great Doctor, worsest front desk staff!

Dr Cennamo is a caring Dr. who thinks outside the box. He takes the time to listen. Sadly he chooses attractive over a qualified person when it comes to the front desk. What a disservice to a great Dr. I won't get into details but the guy at the front desk is either incompetent or just doesn't care. I hope the good Doctor is just not aware. I would hate to think he is aware and does nothing.

March 28th, 2013