inactive

• Good
  • Bad

March 2nd, 2016
be careful
I was sent to this man when I was a teenager - 45 minutes after meeting me he diagnosed me as severely manic depressive. KNOWING that I had been treated for high blood pressure since I was 12, he put me on increasing doses of lithium. Eventually I was up to 2000mg a day. To counteract the effects of the lithium, he put me on 400mg of Zoloft. When my other physicians told my parents that I was being overdosed, Charney told them that if he took me off the lithium, I would be in 'bad shape' and that I wouldn't be able to go back on it - he told them that I would have to be hospitalized, perhaps permanently. It terrified them. I lost 12 years of my life because of this man. I now have advanced kidney failure due to lithium poisoning. My actual psychiatric diagnosis is Major Depressive Disorder. I sought legal counsel, only to be told that it is impossible to sue a psychiatrist no matter how many tests, biopsies, and experts at Mass General Hospital I have behind me. Be VERY careful.

July 1st, 2010
Dr. Charney has been my dr for 7 years. He's very good. Bedside manner could use a little work but otherwise he's easily accessible and conscientious. Follow-up to med changes is exceptional.

October 28th, 2009
He was kind and caring enough, but it seemed that he prescribed me too many drugs.

May 13th, 2016