Dr. James Choi Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Choi?

Don't Go To Virginia Piper Cancer Center

Posted on October 31st, 2017

Dr. Choi is a very good doctor, but I was charged 150.00 two times plus a copay of 50.00 when I saw him recently. It was the new Honor Health facility fee. I saw Dr. Choi for 10 minutes each time. I was with Dr. Choi 2 1/2 years after my BC surgery. When I asked for a referral to an oncologist that accepted United Insurance the office mgr. told me to call my insurance for a referral even though I had asked the office if Dr. Choi could please give me a name of someone he respected. Honor Health recently merged with VPCC and I wasn't informed it would cost more than my 50.00 copay. I feel that Dr. Choi should have told me that if I had United I would be charged a medical room fee the first time he saw me after they merged with Honor Health. I am a teacher with $0 extra dollars. Shame on VPCC. DO NOT GIVE DONATIONS TO THIS ORGANIZATION! There are other good places out there. I can only imaging what happened when people undergoing chemotherapy found out that they were charged a facility fee after the visit. I know this happened to other patients because I was told that when I called around for a new oncologist. I paid the first 150.00 facility bill because I didn't realize it was from my visit in June to Dr. Choi's office, I thought it was from a previous hospital stay. After I got another bill last week from Honor Health, I called and found out that it was from my next visit to Dr. Choi a month ago. Dr. Choi's office mgr.did take off the second 150.00 when I complained but was told it was a one time deal. READ REVIEWS of doctors, you will find other reviews about this . Being told to call my plan for a referral was the worst. I felt dismissed! Don't go there!!!

GREAT DOCTOR

Posted on August 27th, 2013

MY FAMILY FRIEND REFERED ME TO DR CHOI AND I WAS VERY IMPRESSED. HE WAS VERY HONEST AND COMFORTING AT THE SAME TIME. I WOULD RECCOMEND HIM TO ANYONE.

Amazing

Posted on February 14th, 2012

Loved his candor. Spent an hour talking to us and talked was very nice to answer every question we had. Would recommend to anyone we know.

Excellent, caring Doctor. will explore all options to help you

Posted on March 28th, 2011

A Good Caring Doctor.

Posted on October 22nd, 2010

When I knew Dr Choi a few years ago he was the very best. I miss him.

Posted on November 16th, 2017