Dr. James Choi MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 10th, 2017
Excellent service
This doctor and office helped make my unpleasant medical situation, not only bearable but almost pleasant. Excellent staff and doctor. Would recommend this office to my family and friends. Thank you.

September 29th, 2016
Dr choi and his staff are wonderful"

September 16th, 2016
Cystoscopy
I had a Cystoscopy at Dr. Choi's office last week and was extremely nervous about the procedure, as a male this not something anyone wants to have done but was necessary to rule out any major issues. Rebecca was awesome, she made a very uncomfortable situation bearable and was very aware of how nervous I was and did everything she could to help make me more comfortable. I waited about 15 minutes in the procedure room for the numbing agent to take effect all the while Rebecca would periodically poke her head in and check in on me and make sure I was doing ok. The actual procedure lasted maybe two or three minutes and I will not lie it is not the most pleasant thing in the world but Dr. Choi talked me through exactly what he was doing at each moment which made it much easier to endure. Afterwards he took time to explain the findings, all good news!! Overall very pleased with Dr. Choi and staff. If you do find yourself in need of this procedure I would absolutely recommend Dr. Choi and ask for Rebecca, she really was great.

September 14th, 2016
Patient
I saw dr CHOI for my overactive bladder, he was so thorough. He made me feel comfortable seeing as my issue is my age. He got right to the point with amazing satisfaction. The girls in the office are so friendly and always smiling, a great office.

July 21st, 2016
Let me just start out by saying this is by far the nicest and respectful doctor I have ever met. the staff is extremely warming! I was so afraid there was something seriously wrong with my bladder, they each kept a loving warm smile and made me comfortable! I am recommending them to anyone who needs a urologist!!.

June 2nd, 2016
Rude, nasty doctor
He yelled at me for asking too many questions about my urinary issues. He told me that I have problems because I gave birth to my kids and "things down there are not the same as they used to be." I said that having children will not explain my UTI symptoms and WBC in urine. Then he got mad and slammed the door and left.

May 27th, 2016
patient
Dr Choi has no manners what so ever I did my test with him worst experience ever on top of that he tells me my prostate is enlarged and ii asked him what is your best advice he said well you prostate is like a 60 year old mans you have to take prescription probably your whole life keep in mind I am 48 years old not a positive respond for a doctor to say to a patient lucky that I am a very positive man and didn't let this affect me mentally . But I did right this review to let other men know. Perhaps he is not happy home Not Professional at all

May 2nd, 2016
All Around Excellence
I recently had an in office procedure with Dr. Choi and I could not be happier. He and his staff made me feel comfortable and explained everything in terms I understood. I feel/felt confident that I was receiving the best care available for my urological health issue, which is not an easy issue to discuss. I will be referring a family member to Dr. Choi and am confident they will receive the same great care that I did. Thank you Dr. Choi and staff.

October 7th, 2015
Happy TURP Patient
Courteous office staff, always ready to listen and relay information to doctor, he is good at returning calls. Seven weeks post TURP. Hardly any discomfort, plumbing works good and absolutely no Retro issues. Highly recommended., excellent craftsman.

October 6th, 2015
I am so grateful to Dr. Choi and his staff, from his front desk who were courteous and accommodating to his billing staff who were helpful and knowledgeable. After experiencing blood in my urine and learning what the possibilities of what the causes could be, I was a mess. Dr. Choi explained and even performed a procedure for me within days of my first visit. I was relieved to have had good news after the results from all my tests. And the staff was kind and caring through it all. Thank you again Dr. Choi and staff.

October 1st, 2015
Poor bedside manner
Overall I thought he was condescending and tried to rush me out of my appointment. I saw him several times and each time I had the sense that he wasn't progressing my care in any way.

September 23rd, 2015
Five Star Facility
Dr. Choi is an outstanding doctor. Not only is he well informed but he is also compassionate, thorough and understanding. I would definitely recommend his care to family and friends. Dr. Choi's staff is wonderful as well and they seem to understand that the patients experience is just as important as their level of care. It's very hard to find specialists that are accomplished yet authentic and personable in their approach but you will definitely find that with this doctor. Dr Choi is on the ball and he gets it! I highly recommend this doctor for treatment.