Dr. James Christensen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Christensen?

April 13th, 2016

No unnecessary surgery.

For a hand problem, others recommended surgery, but Dr. Christiansen was able to fix it with four weeks of wearing a splint.

December 5th, 2015

Not happy, still waiting

I had an accident at home to where i landed from about 4 feet up on my out stretched hands. Needless to say, ouch. My first dr. Dr. Ford , no longer at NNMC, was wonderful. After casts and therapy, i was referred to Dr. Christensen. Because my radius on my right arm was " shortened " due to my accident. Dr. Christensen said he could get my mobility back. Long, very long story short, im waiting. Waiting for the mobility to come back that i had AFTER my accident. I wish i had never met Dr. Christensen and the goons he has working for him at the reno orthopedic clinic. My inability to bend and twist my dominate limb has limited me to just a handful of job opportunities. Thank you Dr. Christensen. For making my life a little easier?????????

June 16th, 2013

patient

Dr Christenson was clear with his explanation of treatment and very, very good with surgery. I had the use of my had 2 weeks after surgery. Very prompt and very courteous. Has a good sense of humor. An overall great experience.

April 25th, 2013

Compound Surgery Right Wrist and Hand

My wrist/hand injury was some years ago. I had a horse back riding accident in which I sustained a compound fracture complicated by dirt all over exposed bone and wound. Dr. Christensen's role in healing my injury involved two complicated surgeries and supporting lengthy physical therapy. Dr. Christensen is not a "warm and fuzzy" individual. Instead he focuses on the most important role...getting optimum results in your healing process so you can move on and be normal again. My wrist diagnosis was originally 45% mobility. Thanks to Dr. Christensen,some excellent physical therapists and a lot of hard work I've enjoyed 85% mobility in the decade since my injury.

March 28th, 2013

Unhappy

Did not spend appropriate amount of time with me Did not provider listen to me and answer my questions Did not explain to me my condition, Did not communicate his diagnosis properly

October 27th, 2011

The doc was great, but...

Dr. Christensen was actually very kind. In the few moments he spent with me he explained everything and seemed very knowledgeable. However, the staff was horrible. I was waiting for an x-ray and this assistant tried to put another family in the same room, which is fine (we all make mistakes right?) but then she acted like it was my fault. Then when she took me to get the x-ray, she just told me to "sit". She was rude, and didn't even identify herself or explain what was happening. The first MA to take me to the room was actually very quiet, so I can't really give her a rating that would be fair. I work in a doctor's office, and those MA's just represented badly. The APN was also OK, nothing out-of-this-world awesome, or negative in that sense. I just felt like they over booked and I was more of a burden until Dr. Christensen came in. The also acted like "maybe" being pregnant was so horrible, or at least off-putting. So, if it weren't for this doctor, I'd probably never go back.

February 15th, 2011

Avoid him if you can...

I'm told he's the best hand/arm surgon in Reno. His lack of knowledge in other area's of medicine is quite frightening. My impression is that he's a business man first and formost. He said "I don't believe in Physical Therapy, save your insurance company money and exercise at home". Be careful.

August 3rd, 2017