A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Christiansen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Christiansen, FAAP, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Christiansen graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor.
Dr. Christiansen has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Munising Memorial Hospital
- Marquette General Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Christiansen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 14 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 6 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans