Dr. James Chu MD Patient Reviews

very bad experience
Worst doctor ever

August 16th, 2015
Poor quality
He only cares about money ، at the beginning I was very satisfied with him , but after 8 years he became so arrogant , careless about his patients . They only will be nice to you if they want you to participate in a study . I regret going to this doctor .

July 5th, 2015
If there is less than one star I would have choose it .

May 2nd, 2012
Very good reputation but doesn't care about the patient
I believe Dr. Chu is probably a very good doctor, however when a person comes in because they have been ill for some time how can you ask them to wait for months between appointments. It should not take three months from initial visit to get a diagnoses. He needs to refer patients to other doctors if he can't take care of them, that is essentially the problem, he doesn't have time to take care of them properly. His staff is good when you are in the office face to face, however do not ask for help on the phone, the tone, power tripping and passive aggressiveness is so unnecessary, there is no effort to help, I felt like I was talking to a rock. There is no understanding in that office of compassion or how to treat a person who is ill and needs help. Dr. Chu does not set the example and seems not to encourage compassion. I am so disappointed with how I've been treated and the lack of care I've gotten from Dr. Chu and his staff. As mentioned previously, he is probably a very good doctor, however he should be doing research or in another field of medicine where the care and treatment of the individual patient isn't important. It isn't right that they should treat people the way they do. The doctor's immaturity is in the way of him being really great, he has the education and the knowlege.

April 19th, 2012
Jimmy the Chu may be well trained in his field but his personality overshadows it very badly. hE WAS RUNNING LIKE AN ERRAND BOY IN A MEDCIAL OFFICE IN sALINAS SOME YEARS AGO. He is very immature as a medical PROFESSIONAL.

January 11th, 2012
Egotist
I went to Dr. Chu when it became apparent that my thyroid was rather inactive. After my first initial blood test it was found that I had Hashimoto's Disease. Prior to my follow-up appointment I started looking online for other women dealing with this disease. As with most of us, we like to be informed in regards to our condition. I wanted to gather information prior to my next visit so I would know what questions to ask. When my followup apt. came we went into the exam room and started looking at my test results. I began to ask some basic questions and that's when Dr. Chu turned to me and asked, "where did you hear that?" I told him that I had looked at some online blogs by women with the same disorder. He responded, "I forbid you to read blogs by weak minded women! I will tell you what you need to know"! WOW - at that point I made up my mind NEVER to go back! Dr. Chu is arrogant, self centered and egotistical. I grew up with a parent who was a brittle diabetic and was always encouraged by her doctors to ask questions and NEVER to take the word of a physician as GOD! Some of the best advice I was ever given.I suppose if your the kind of person that just wants to be told what to do and one that believes your Doctors word is the "end all" then you and Dr. Chu should get along fine. But if you believe that you have the RIGHT to be informed about your condition.....then he is not the Doctor for you! I'm now seeing another endocrinologist on the Monterey Bay and she is FANTASTIC!

July 12th, 2011
Very good doctor
I brought my mother (91) in to see him and he was the first doctor who actually did a physical exam on her, even took off her shoe and sock to check her edema. No doctor that we have been to has ever done that...they all just talk to me and ignore her. So that gave him lots of points in my book. He spent almost an hour getting her history as this was a first time visit. We did have a 3 month wait, but they put us in after only one month in a cancellation slot. He noticed something none of the other doctors did and ordered a test for it. We've been to 2 other doctors in this area.

May 21st, 2011
Too busy?
Dr. Chu seems like he may book too many patients, therefore can not give the proper care and feedback. If you have test results, he will NOT call you with them. You have to call him. If he does not have them yet, then you call back. If he still does not have them, you call back. I do not appreciate that.Other than that, I think he is a very good and professional doctor.

December 9th, 2010
unprofessional
This Dr. is not only cruel, he's unprofessional. A terrible bedside manner and arrogant!

June 1st, 2016