Dr. James Chuang Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Chuang?

September 28th, 2017

excellent doc

He is friendly and direct. He told me what he was doing and answered alll my questions. What more can you ask?

September 28th, 2017

Avoid this doctor at all costs!!!

My first visit I waited 45 minutes to see him, due to his delay he blew through our appointment without letting me speak or ask questions. He had his laptop out and asked a series of questions and then asked what I had done to date to treat my symptoms. It felt more like an interrogation instead of a consultation. I was referred to an ENT for vertigo and this practice treated my five year old son (totally different horrible experience) and he was the only available practitioner and frankly I was desperate. He "diagnosed" me with what he believed was 95% BPPV. He explained this to me so fast I didn't understand him and upon asking him again he was obviously frustrated. I left there not understanding what was wrong with me and how to move forward with treatment-I was at a loss. Due to ongoing dizziness I called his office again and scheduled an urgent appointment the following week (another $150). This time I thought we had a better understanding of each other and he referred MRI's and balance tests, performing a maneuver on me that kind of worked, even providing me a specialists name provided surgery was required...I left with a false sense of comfort. Week later no call for any of the tests (I proactively scheduled all my testing) as his office had failed to referred them, never returned calls to my short term disability office, upon finally speaking with his assistant because apparently he's too busy to discuss findings with patients. He relayed he had "cured" me in our last visit, he only referred tests because I was distraught, and is now referring me to a neurologist???? He never once made mention of my MRI which was to scan for tumors? Speechless. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!!!! Please, do better research than I did. Thankfully I will be obtaining a second opinion and seeing a neurologist to find answers, no help or thanks to him or his office.

February 28th, 2017

No Time For Pesky Patient Questions

Saw Dr. Chuang a while back. He asked me a few questions, then talked at me ridiculously quickly. He left no time for me to ask him any questions. As we were walking out of the exam room I asked him a question, he heaved a huge audible sigh, put down his laptop and marched me back into the exam room. He listened to my question then acted like he was doing me a huge favor he answered it. Overall I found him a quite abrasive talk-at-you now with you type who clearly had no time to be bothered with my concerns.

October 22nd, 2016

Dr. Chuang was my ENT for several years. He was fantastic! I needed sinus syrgery to remove polyps. Dr. Chuang did my surgery and the experience was so much better than when I had the surgery with a different doctor 10 years prior. Dr. Chuang is very caring and attentive. He's a great ENT!

June 8th, 2016

great DOC

April 19th, 2016

Rude, insensitive and office overcharged

I experienced what the 1 star reviews stated, rude, very insensitive to the fact that an ear infection is very painful!!! when you have an ear infection it is a normal reaction to pull away from the examiner and he went bunkers and pulled my ear toward him in a violent and rude manner. To add insult to injury be careful when that office because they overcharged me and nothing you can do to get your money back, I pay my bills right away, I thought "prices" have increased, well after my experience with Dr Chuang I went to another ENT who even did a hearing test, etc ( things that were not done in this clinic) with 0 payment on my part besides my copay visit. Beware of billing, even better go somewhere else. There are many ENTs in the valley.

March 5th, 2016

Skip this guy

This guy needs to find a new career because he has the worst bedside manner of any doctor I have ever had. While talking to me, he was rude and had the annoying habit of saying in a nasty tone, "any more questions" over and over again and when I repeated myself one time, "you said that already." I had a question for his staff-they never followed up with me, either.

August 13th, 2015

Choose another doctor!!

Dr. Chuang is not professional. He talks incessantly saying so much that it is impossible for the patient to discern what is applicable to your case. (Constantly uses the word "freaking" - as a patient I lost interest and confidence right there) After an examination lasting a few seconds, he said repeatedly that he seriously doubted my symptoms (pressure in the ear and loss of hearing) and made the diagnosis of TMJ. He became rude when I disagreed and restated that this issue occurred during a bout with bronchitis and a sinus infection. He ordered a hearing test and pressure test and the results showed both pressure in the ear and hearing loss, which he previously denied that I had. He sent me home with typed information that was filled with grammatical errors, spelling errors, and written on a less than high school level. I would definitely NOT recommend this doctor.

July 18th, 2015

He is intimidating, mean and rude. He may be very straight forward and honest, but he needs a better bedside manner. I have been suffering from bad headaches, facial pains, teeth aches, etc. that seem to be caused by a bad sinus infection (I was diagnosed so by my primary care and dentist). He told me that I didn't have it and I had been misdiagnosed. He also said even if I had it, it had to be a very (he used "very" like 10 times in this sentence, very annoying! He did this a few times during the consultation) bad one that he wouldn't want to do a surgery on it because usually in these cases patients would end up not getting fully better and he would get blamed for it for the rest of their lives and would keep getting complaints that he didn't do it right. He almost made me cry because I felt I was being scolded and yelled. He only told me to go to a neurologist. What a waste of my time and money. Later with MRI I found that I have a cyst in my sinus, but his assistant called and told me that "it shouldn't be causing any of the problems that you have been having".

March 18th, 2015

disgusted and disappointed

Its appointments like today that remind me why people dont go to the doctor, not only did he dismiss how I feel, he got angry when I questioned him. We go to doctor's when we don't feel well, never should we leave feeling worse.

July 24th, 2014

Ineffective and Condescending

Dr Chuang doesn't listen. He is fairly rude. He talks fast. Like he was recording a lecture. He interrupts questions and continues with his lecture. He talks statistically and treats the statistic. I felt vaguely like a medical dummy. I would have no problem with any of this, if Dr Chuang had actually fixed my problem. But he didn't. He belittled my concern that the treatment hadn't worked during our follow up visit. I really did not like this doctor, and he was not effective for me, either.

March 28th, 2014

Attorney/patient

Dr. Chuang is awesome! You can tell he is very smart and very detailed. I've never had a Dr. ask so many questions to make sure he's exhausted everything I knew about my condition. When he's done you know he left no stone unturned. He didn't push me to one treatment plan but rather gave me my options and explained the pro's and con's of each. I liked his approach. I'd highly recommend him.