Dr. James Chuang MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 28th, 2017
No Time For Pesky Patient Questions
Saw Dr. Chuang a while back. He asked me a few questions, then talked at me ridiculously quickly. He left no time for me to ask him any questions. As we were walking out of the exam room I asked him a question, he heaved a huge audible sigh, put down his laptop and marched me back into the exam room. He listened to my question then acted like he was doing me a huge favor he answered it. Overall I found him a quite abrasive talk-at-you now with you type who clearly had no time to be bothered with my concerns.

October 22nd, 2016
Dr. Chuang was my ENT for several years. He was fantastic! I needed sinus syrgery to remove polyps. Dr. Chuang did my surgery and the experience was so much better than when I had the surgery with a different doctor 10 years prior. Dr. Chuang is very caring and attentive. He's a great ENT!

June 8th, 2016
great DOC

April 19th, 2016
Rude, insensitive and office overcharged
I experienced what the 1 star reviews stated, rude, very insensitive to the fact that an ear infection is very painful!!! when you have an ear infection it is a normal reaction to pull away from the examiner and he went bunkers and pulled my ear toward him in a violent and rude manner. To add insult to injury be careful when that office because they overcharged me and nothing you can do to get your money back, I pay my bills right away, I thought "prices" have increased, well after my experience with Dr Chuang I went to another ENT who even did a hearing test, etc ( things that were not done in this clinic) with 0 payment on my part besides my copay visit. Beware of billing, even better go somewhere else. There are many ENTs in the valley.

March 5th, 2016
Skip this guy
This guy needs to find a new career because he has the worst bedside manner of any doctor I have ever had. While talking to me, he was rude and had the annoying habit of saying in a nasty tone, "any more questions" over and over again and when I repeated myself one time, "you said that already." I had a question for his staff-they never followed up with me, either.

August 13th, 2015
Choose another doctor!!
Dr. Chuang is not professional. He talks incessantly saying so much that it is impossible for the patient to discern what is applicable to your case. (Constantly uses the word "freaking" - as a patient I lost interest and confidence right there) After an examination lasting a few seconds, he said repeatedly that he seriously doubted my symptoms (pressure in the ear and loss of hearing) and made the diagnosis of TMJ. He became rude when I disagreed and restated that this issue occurred during a bout with bronchitis and a sinus infection. He ordered a hearing test and pressure test and the results showed both pressure in the ear and hearing loss, which he previously denied that I had. He sent me home with typed information that was filled with grammatical errors, spelling errors, and written on a less than high school level. I would definitely NOT recommend this doctor.

July 18th, 2015
He is intimidating, mean and rude. He may be very straight forward and honest, but he needs a better bedside manner. I have been suffering from bad headaches, facial pains, teeth aches, etc. that seem to be caused by a bad sinus infection (I was diagnosed so by my primary care and dentist). He told me that I didn't have it and I had been misdiagnosed. He also said even if I had it, it had to be a very (he used "very" like 10 times in this sentence, very annoying! He did this a few times during the consultation) bad one that he wouldn't want to do a surgery on it because usually in these cases patients would end up not getting fully better and he would get blamed for it for the rest of their lives and would keep getting complaints that he didn't do it right. He almost made me cry because I felt I was being scolded and yelled. He only told me to go to a neurologist. What a waste of my time and money. Later with MRI I found that I have a cyst in my sinus, but his assistant called and told me that "it shouldn't be causing any of the problems that you have been having".

March 18th, 2015
disgusted and disappointed
Its appointments like today that remind me why people dont go to the doctor, not only did he dismiss how I feel, he got angry when I questioned him. We go to doctor's when we don't feel well, never should we leave feeling worse.

July 24th, 2014
Ineffective and Condescending
Dr Chuang doesn't listen. He is fairly rude. He talks fast. Like he was recording a lecture. He interrupts questions and continues with his lecture. He talks statistically and treats the statistic. I felt vaguely like a medical dummy. I would have no problem with any of this, if Dr Chuang had actually fixed my problem. But he didn't. He belittled my concern that the treatment hadn't worked during our follow up visit. I really did not like this doctor, and he was not effective for me, either.

March 28th, 2014
Attorney/patient
Dr. Chuang is awesome! You can tell he is very smart and very detailed. I've never had a Dr. ask so many questions to make sure he's exhausted everything I knew about my condition. When he's done you know he left no stone unturned. He didn't push me to one treatment plan but rather gave me my options and explained the pro's and con's of each. I liked his approach. I'd highly recommend him.

January 5th, 2014
Rude and condescending
He was the on call dr for my sons surgery and was so rude and disrespectful he had me I tears!! He seems to enjoy making others feel dumb. I am not a dr and was concerned about my 7 month old after surgery and he seemed annoyed with any questions I had and asked if I had any "other" concerns, the one I gave apparently were not worth his time. I asked about some of the things on the after care directive and prescription...he said he can't read the other dr's mind and I would know as well as him. He said if I was really concerned I should just go to the ER. He is rude and needs to have better bedside manner...his colleague Dr Shah is awesome...maybe he should get trained by him!

November 3rd, 2013
Hoarse Throat and Thyroid
The staff was kind and helpful. I did not wait long. Dr Chuang did talk quickly but was very clear. He needed, it seemed to me, clear answers so he could make an accurate diagnosis . He rephrased some questions because my answer was not clear to him. He is obviously very bright and competent. That is the kind of Doctor that I want to examine me or perform surgery on me. I fell lucky to find him and I gave him 5 points on bedside manner because a competent Doctor is very important to me and the very Doctor that I want standing by my bed before and after surgery.