Dr. James Cimera MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Fort Lauderdale, FL

2.7

January 24th, 2015
NEVER go to this "doctor"
Over 30 years I've had dozens of doctor's appointments. In every case I have made sure that the related bill was paid in full either by my insurance carrier and/or myself. I only had one 10-15 min appointment with Cimera and was told that his office accepted my insurance. Two years later I find that he has billed $740 ($3,000 an hour!) for that one visit. Calls to his office are not returned and his collection agency has no information other than his office has turned over the account to them (but cannot provide any detail on the date of service and what was provided). Avoid him like the plague! His negative ratings from other patients speak for speak for themselves.

March 12th, 2014
Hospital case manager
Dr Cimera had a real ad attitude. He did not want to listen to anything. When I asked him to give me a second to ask. He responded. I have other patients and left with an attitude. When I tod the office staff the said he has been stressed out. I had an MRI ordered and faxed results to his office and confirmed that they got them. It has been over two weeks and I never heard from him. Had to see another physician. DO NOT RECOMMEND HIM! He does not care!

February 27th, 2013
Just Okay
The positive of my visit was that there was no rush. I got no real satisfactory answers but just "lets try this" approach and if that does not work then we will go smother direction in a month. I brought in an MRI and he did not look at it, I was given several samples of medication to try with little information about them. One worked but I was not given a prescription and after waiting several days and calling the office I still do not have a prescription. It takes less than five minutes to call this in. The front wait staff seem to be interested in not helping. After waiting for over 40 minutes I overheard several conversations after patients had called that were full of negative comments and complaints abut the person that had just called. This left me uncomfortable because I have had to call the office three times in two days, I am in pain and I am in pain so I would like a bit more of an urgency. I have been to a couple of neurologists since moving here and have yet to find one that I would recommend.

January 19th, 2013
Dr Cimera is a total waste of one's time if they want quality care
Was called by the Doctors office to come half an hour before my appointment time to fill out paperwork. My appointment was at 11:00 AM. At 12:50 PM I asked for my money back as I had enough waiting. They said that the doctor is ready and can see you now. So I went in. Dr Cimera did a very quick exam, and then told me that there was nothing he could do to help my condition (numbness on my legs and feet). He told me to take some blood tests and come back in a month, but that he could not help my condition. When I was telling him about my condition 2 months ago, he interrupted me to stop as it was no longer relevant. Was not interested in seeing a recent MRI that I had with me. He was negative about everything except about me making another appointment. Dr Cimera kept on saying "I don't know". He does have a pleasant voice. He seems lacking in education or interest.The office is very poorly run in that everyone there was running 2 hours late. He really does not seem to care at all about his patients time or the care they get. It felt like a sad joke.

July 27th, 2012
Appointments? What's that !
Made appointment to see Dr Cimera and aftere over one hour waiting and no one in the waiting room was called I questioned the administrator Sharon if the doctor was in the building, the answer was "no, he is at the hospital making rounds and will be here when he finished", I asked why she has not notified us that the doctor will be late, the answer was "you can take it up on the doctor when you see him". Useless to say I walked out.

June 2nd, 2012
The best part of this office visit was the doctor listened to me.

September 15th, 2011
had a great appt
Great Dr has a good bedside manner. I suffer from migraines and he has made my life worth living. The staff is full of life and will truly make you laugh.

May 7th, 2011
Great Doctor
I have suffered from cluster migraines for several years and this doctor was highly recommended for this condition. I was very pleased with his knowledge of the condition and the treatment he gave me.

April 21st, 2010
AMAZED
This doctor made me feel that I was just money walking. Schedule an MRI down stairs ($50) make appointment to tell you the results ($50), him telling me that something looks unclear that I have to schedule another MRI "down stairs" priceless... second MRI ($50), appointment with him the same day to tell me the results of the MRI ($50), ending telling me that he couldn't tell me anything because he didn't know how to read the result on the computer but not refund of the money, no phone call telling you what is going on...priceless!!!

July 1st, 2009
Unexceptable Behavior
I waited to be seen for 45 minutes. The office prides themselves on spending as much time as needed with each patient. I was in the Drs. office for 15 minutes . He sent me to get an MRI downstairs. He said he would call me with the results the next day. I waited 3 days and called his office to speak with him concerning the results. He would not get on the phone and would not call me back. I called the next day and spoke with the office manager. She told me everything was fine. When I asked to speak with the Dr she said he would call back. I never received a call from him. I strongly urge anyone thinking of going to this Dr Not to go ! He is a poor example of a Doctor and should not be in practice.

March 2nd, 2009
Frustration
Dr. did not address resumption of important medication following absorption of hematoma. Dr. did not address patient's desire for cognitive retraining following mini strokes resulting from hematoma. Office staff lost fax containing background and concerns regarding patient. After second transmission of fax, I again called the office to confirm they had received the fax. After having been transferred to four different people who could not confirm receipt of fax, I hung up in frustration.