inactive

• Psychiatry El Dorado Hills, CA

3.8

September 26th, 2016
PTA
Dr.Clopton helped my ADHD son more than any other MD...we had ever seen ...He knew his meds and was expert on assisting my son to be functional enough to go to school successfully .

February 24th, 2015
Doctor Clopton is an extraordinary human being who just also happens to be a psychiatric adolescent diagnostician genius. I don't know what would have happened to my daughter (who he cared for meticulously) during her battle with severe Obsessive, Compulsive Disorder. My phone calls and concerns where handled immediately. His guidance and understanding of my daughter and her illness has been irreplaceable. Placer County has lost one of its finest adolescent doctors. It is a terrible disservice to this community that he no longer practices.

December 25th, 2014
Fit us in on Christmas Eve. So knowledgeable. Start with him to make life better

January 15th, 2014
Denied DEA Registration/Still Licensed!
I do not understand how this MD can have his DEA registration denied for cause, the action published in the Federal Register, & remain completely in good standing with the California Medical Board! No Accusation has been filed. Yet the same Board revokes the licenses of other MDs, apparently for political reasons, each year.

August 28th, 2013
Questionable Practice
New Patient appointment was easily obtained. 2nd day emergency call was answered within 2hrs. Thereafter, trying to get return calls has been very very difficult! First 4calls VM option was available, but thereafter, the phone rings and rings and rings with no way to leave a message, no return phone calls to refill critical prescription medication. Very Disappointing especially when he emphasized after the 1st meeting that he will provide his personal cell phone number and will be available to answer any questions or concerns, only to discover that he doesn't return calls nor allow messages to be left. He has nice words to say, but follow through is weak!

October 8th, 2012
Wow, how is this the same guy???
For as much as we shelled out to see this guy, I was greatly disappointed with the outcome. Although he seemed knowledgable about his field, he miserable failed on everything after that!!! He didn't file paperwork with our insurance, didn't return phone calls or emails, even to just tell us he got them like we asked. I can't believe this is the same doctor that got all these positive reviews!!!We really needed help and he just took our money and did nothing in return!!!! $250 for one visit!!!!! F for fail!!!

April 5th, 2012
Sharon
Dr.Clopton has been the best doctor for me since I was dx with bipolar in 1987. He returns all calls, address's all issues, makes sure my medication is working.Any paper work needed to be filled out or letter written, he does this ASAP. I am a cash patient, so he works with me, all that he has done is to take care of me and saving my life. The BEST

February 25th, 2012
I wish he spent more time, took my ins. Was closera to wherebe i live, instead ofof moving ever farther And had a comfier, darker, more intimate atmosphere... and charged less money. I can't see him if I am not working, I cannot work unless I see him . Not a good cycle to be stuck in...

November 1st, 2011
Brilliant understanding of the Brain and pharmacology
My child had been to many MD's, we traveled far in desperate search for help. My child was misdiagnosed and medicated for many years, with suicide attempts. After one visit with Dr. Clopton, my son is 100% normal and healthy. without this brilliant doctor there is no doubt one day my son would've succeeded in taking his life. This doctor understands the brain and pharmacology like no other. He is truly BRILLIANT!!! We also took my son to the Amen Clinic in Fairfield, CA , but without Dr. Cloptons expertise, my sons prognosis was poor. He is true Blessing!

October 19th, 2011
He drugged my 9 year old into oblivion after a misdiagnosis he made within a minute of walking into his office. Watch your kids!

July 14th, 2011
I absolutely love this man! My child was diagnosed with ADHD prior to seeing him. Dr. Clopton also diagnosed him with Bi-Polar and high Anxiety. This was confirmed with a brain spect at the Amen Clinic in Fairfield, CA. He has my child dialed in! I call him the "drug guru" (in a good sense!) He knows what he's doing!

June 27th, 2011
16 Plus Years with Dr. Clopton
I have been a patient of Dr. Cloptons for more than 16 years, that nearly 3/4 of his time in practice. Being in the field of pharmacy, I have found him to be knowledgeable, caring and timely. Something has changed, however, since 2008, which coincides with staff changes in the office, I wish Romel was back. It has become difficult to even contact his office during business hours, answering machine messages to patients are not updated. I have actually had to call his private line(which he promptly answered) a couple of times. I do feel I still get the same care from him, just not the staff since it's difficult to get ahold of the. I have a chronic problem which will require medicating for a lifetime and I am thankful to have him oversee my care as I enter into my middle life. Thanks you Dr. Clopton.