Psychiatrists

1037 Suncast Ln
Ste 100
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
919-939-2343
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

• Currently 2.8620689655172 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Denied DEA Registration/Still Licensed!  |  show details
by marian on Jan 15th, 2014

I do not understand how this MD can have his DEA registration denied for cause, the action published in the Federal Register, & remain completely in good standing with the California Medical Board! No Accusation has been filed. Yet the same Board revokes the licenses of other MDs, apparently for political reasons, each year.

|  drug dealer  |  show details
by afghanvet on Dec 7th, 2013

Within a two minute interview Clopton has me diagnosed and out the door with a prescription. No therapy or followup involved. Turns out he has been stripped of his ability to write prescriptions by the government so he actually contracts 3rd world doctors to write the scripts. A Dr Bakos in Roseville is currently writing his scripts to the tune of $40. per refill. A complete scam that will be going down hard time. Hope Clopton rots in the stye for the junkies he feeds on the street.

|  Questionable Practice  |  show details
by Sacramento on Aug 28th, 2013

New Patient appointment was easily obtained. 2nd day emergency call was answered within 2hrs. Thereafter, trying to get return calls has been very very difficult! First 4calls VM option was available, but thereafter, the phone rings and rings and rings with no way to leave a message, no return phone calls to refill critical prescription medication. Very Disappointing especially when he emphasized after the 1st meeting that he will provide his personal cell phone number and will be available to answer any questions or concerns, only to discover that he doesn't return calls nor allow messages to be left. He has nice words to say, but follow through is weak!

|  Kirk James Clopton investigated by Police and DEA  |  show details
by Sharon Wright on Mar 26th, 2013

Dr. Clopton lost his license to prescribe narcotic medication after SEVERAL of his patients died due to overdose on the medication he prescribed to them.Several other patienst ended up on life support but did actually survive the huge amount of meds that they were told to continue taking.Dr. Cloptons office on SunCast Ln. in Eldorado Hills Ca. was raided by the police and the DEA. PLEASE stay away from this guy.

|  Wow, how is this the same guy???  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2012

For as much as we shelled out to see this guy, I was greatly disappointed with the outcome. Although he seemed knowledgable about his field, he miserable failed on everything after that!!! He didn't file paperwork with our insurance, didn't return phone calls or emails, even to just tell us he got them like we asked. I can't believe this is the same doctor that got all these positive reviews!!!We really needed help and he just took our money and did nothing in return!!!! $250 for one visit!!!!! F for fail!!!

|  Sharon  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2012

Dr.Clopton has been the best doctor for me since I was dx with bipolar in 1987. He returns all calls, address's all issues, makes sure my medication is working.Any paper work needed to be filled out or letter written, he does this ASAP. I am a cash patient, so he works with me, all that he has done is to take care of me and saving my life. The BEST

Feb 25th, 2012

I wish he spent more time, took my ins. Was closera to wherebe i live, instead ofof moving ever farther And had a comfier, darker, more intimate atmosphere... and charged less money. I can't see him if I am not working, I cannot work unless I see him . Not a good cycle to be stuck in...

|  Brilliant understanding of the Brain and pharmacology  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2011

My child had been to many MD's, we traveled far in desperate search for help. My child was misdiagnosed and medicated for many years, with suicide attempts. After one visit with Dr. Clopton, my son is 100% normal and healthy. without this brilliant doctor there is no doubt one day my son would've succeeded in taking his life. This doctor understands the brain and pharmacology like no other. He is truly BRILLIANT!!! We also took my son to the Amen Clinic in Fairfield, CA , but without Dr. Cloptons expertise, my sons prognosis was poor. He is true Blessing!

Oct 19th, 2011

He drugged my 9 year old into oblivion after a misdiagnosis he made within a minute of walking into his office. Watch your kids!

Jul 14th, 2011

I absolutely love this man! My child was diagnosed with ADHD prior to seeing him. Dr. Clopton also diagnosed him with Bi-Polar and high Anxiety. This was confirmed with a brain spect at the Amen Clinic in Fairfield, CA. He has my child dialed in! I call him the "drug guru" (in a good sense!) He knows what he's doing!

|  16 Plus Years with Dr. Clopton  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Cloptons for more than 16 years, that nearly 3/4 of his time in practice. Being in the field of pharmacy, I have found him to be knowledgeable, caring and timely. Something has changed, however, since 2008, which coincides with staff changes in the office, I wish Romel was back. It has become difficult to even contact his office during business hours, answering machine messages to patients are not updated. I have actually had to call his private line(which he promptly answered) a couple of times. I do feel I still get the same care from him, just not the staff since it's difficult to get ahold of the. I have a chronic problem which will require medicating for a lifetime and I am thankful to have him oversee my care as I enter into my middle life. Thanks you Dr. Clopton.

|  Rich  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2011

What people must remember is trying to give the right medicine for an individual's depression is not that simple. It involves trial and error to get it right. Science has not got to the point where they can draw blood form you run a test and then accurately predict the right depression med for you. It involves a lot of work. The first psy. I saw, I had tried 3 different antidepressants before I found the right one for me. It took many months. This Doctor is doing the best he can.

|  Good Psychiatric Dr. with a PHD - Perfect  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2011

Dr. Clopton goes over issues you may have. Helps by offering advice or maybe a change in medication or level of medication. If you were interested in a certain medication and you possibly needed it, Dr. Clopton would figure out if you would need it or not, if you didn't, then it wouldn't happen. If you did, he would start you out on a low dosage to see reaction and ask you to call up within a week for reactions. Would ask to check in with you every month to make sure everything is fine and to check and make sure everything really is.

|  More depressed after seing him !!!  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2011

If you are looking for someone cares or has compassion forget this guy. I think he is too involved with his private life that he couldn't care less about knowing anything about his patients except to write them a prescription!Went to him several years ago. What a nightmare. Started by giving him some background. He couldn't care about knowing any of it. Cut me off in the middle with "Alright, what's wrong with your meds, how do you feel right now?" It was hard to hear him almost mock some painful events I was sharing. Left crying.By the way, was charged for an hour, he was done with me in 20 minutes (without mentioning that during that time he was on his cell phone for 5 minutes with what sounded like his wife)Came there because I thought my meds were responsible for the fact thatI felt so sedated no matter how well i slept. He quickly prescribed some kind of amphetamine which, after a few days made me feel like I was about to have a heart attack. Not trusting him or wanting that kind of treatment again, I started looking into the possible reasons for feeling sedated and decided to go to a sleep clinic where i was diagnosed with sleep apnea. Quit the amphetamine and got on a cpap machine. Within a few days I was fine. If you are depressed, PLEASE, go somewhere else or you will walk out worse than you came in after being treated as you or whatever you are going through is not worth his time.

|  Since 1997  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2011

Dr Clopton saved me. Yes his practice has grown, but that's because he cares too much, and stretches himself too thin trying to help everyone. He worked with me for years trying depression med after dep. med until we finally found the right one for me. When I first met him I was self-medicating with illegal marajuana I've been off of it for three going on four years now. He helps me with all my psych problems and prescribes the apropriate medications, and if you follow the instructions, he WILL call you back.

|  Parent  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2011

He is and always has been professional. Never has he ever gave pain med's, if you had an unrelated issue than talking or getting ADHD, etc medication he would say to make an appointment with your regular doctor as I do treat patients in that area. Also, he checks blood levels and works with reg.Doctoras most doctors do to ensure safety of their patient. I have been taking clients to him for 10yrs and NEVER had any problem with him or his staff period.

Jan 26th, 2011

Explains exactly how each medication works and what he is prescribing it for. I have been very satisfied for over 4 years.

|  won't go back  |  show details
Dec 20th, 2010

Just remember ~ he is not a board certified psychiatrist.

|  Doesn't care enough  |  show details
Dec 12th, 2010

Dr. Clopton has helped me with anxiety by writing a prescription after 10 minutes. The practice rarely answer the phone of return emails. They have lost multiple faxes from my pharmacy. They are very unprofessional and do not care enough about the patients' well being. I am very disappointed with my experience here and only hope I can help others from going here for help. They have caused me more anxiety.

|  great care  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2010

Caring doctor, has done a great job finding the right medication for me. Which no one was ever able to do before I began to see him.

|  Don't pay attention to the Whiners  |  show details
by happycamper on Jun 17th, 2010

Dr.Clopton is an excellent psychiatrist. I had never received the right diagnosis or medications until I found him.

|  Consistent Long-Term Care, has significantly improved my life  |  show details
May 14th, 2010

Bear in mind he is a psycho-pharmacologist, so psychotherapy sessions are minimal. He has gotten me on the most appropriate and low-risk meds - truly saved my life and is so consistent when it comes to keeping up with his patient's lives.

|  Stay Away This could end up a nightmare as it did for me.  |  show details
by Very Unhappy and Frustrated on May 7th, 2010

I hae soent over 7 months trying to get my medical record sent to me. 7-9 attempts going back over 7 months. 3-4 by me and 5 faxes from my current physician to release my records. Also he was very slow to respond to refills and very seldom returned calls when he stated he would. He is too much drama to be a Dr.

|  He takes on extra patients for his 6 kids  |  show details
by Slightly over 2 years as a patient... on Oct 10th, 2009

I have been with him for years now and I have noticed recently (2008-2009)a huge quality in care drop. He wont return phone calls/e-mails unless your a new patient. He has let the economic depression shame himself and his practice. He was a better doctor years ago....

|  bad experience  |  show details
by Sally on Dec 11th, 2008

Takes under 3 minutes before perscribing meds for my child. Gives no phone calls back... left us in a crisis with a possible side effect and refused to see him... wanted him to see his regular MD for meds he himself perscribed. Horrible!