A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Commers:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Commers is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Commers
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Commers Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Commers, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Patient Care
Education & Awards
Dr. Commers graduated from University of Nebraska, Omaha. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Commers has 29 hospital affiliations:
- Alegent Health Memorial Hospital
- Alegent Health Lakeside Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Richard Commers MD is a male Internist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, and Hematology & Oncology.
- Where does Dr. James R. Commers practice?
- Dr. James Commers has 3 office locations.
Dr. James Commers practices Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, and Hematology & Oncology near Omaha, NE.
Additional practice locations include: Norfolk, NE and Red Oak, IA.
See Omaha Internists and Omaha Oncologists.