inactive

James Coplan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.1

January 26th, 2014
I am trying to be as unbiased as possible in this review. I think Dr. Coplan is a good doctor and will likely help many patients, but in our case he did not. We paid a lot of money out of pocket for our appointments and testing - so we expected to receive value for our money, namely help for our child in a timely fashion. He was very attentive during the visit and did listen intently to our concerns. Where he fell short is in the post-appointment follow-through. We had to wait months to get a report from him (he was going on tour to support his book, if I remember correctly). Not to sound self-absorbed, but we paid large amounts of money to get help for our child and we had to wait months to hear back from him. We don't harbor any ill-will, but when our child's health and well-being is at stake, there is no way we are waiting that long for a report and recommendations. We are now several years out from this, looking back - I am glad we did not continue to see Dr. Coplan. I do not think he would have been able to help us. On a secondary note, there was a woman that worked with him (can't remember her name), she was extremely abrasive.

June 22nd, 2010
Dr. readily misdiagnoses children with PDD-NOS autism diagnosis just to get you to come back to him and charge you the big bucks. Do not trust this doctor. He ignores all of the reports your therapists sent him.