Dr. James Crout Is this you?

October 13th, 2014

Patient Integrity

After being seen at ADC Rheumatology for years, Dr Crout banned me from ADC because of a $68.00 charge from the radiology clinic that had nothing to do with his office. At the time (over 15 yrs ago) the billing office sent a charge to CHAMPUS instead of TRICARE and after I repeatedly called them nothing was done. When Crout questioned this charge I explained what was happening but he and his clerk would not look into it and banned any further visits. It is now obvious that his profits depended on collections not his patients' integrity.

June 21st, 2012

Will not listen to patient when having drug interaction

I tried many times to tell Dr. Crout that Lyrica was giving me some severe side effects. He said no such effects were listed for the drug. Well I had them and he told me I was making it up. Now I can't use another doctor from Austin Diagnostic Clinic which I have been a member since 1998.

February 21st, 2012

Knowledgeable and a bit distant

He seems knowledgeable and conservative.He has a lot of experience and seems positive in nature. He is not the caring type of doctor who will follow up with a phone call. It is difficult to get through to his nurse. I do wish for a more responsive doctor. I didn't get the feeling that he cared at all.

January 26th, 2012

Disappointing

I went to this doctor for fatigue and headache. When my bloodwork indicated it was not an autoimmune problem, and my symptoms did not fit the profiles he described, I expected to be referred elsewhere. I was quite surprised when I was instead told to take prednisone for a month, and told "if it doesn't work, it's unspecified connective tissue disorder. If it does help, it's fibromyalgia." This was worrisome in both its lack of logic, the shotgun prescribing of drugs, and I felt it was borderline disrespectful to people who DO have fibromyalgia. I went elsewhere, and it turned out to be a sinus infection. I will not be returning to Dr Crout.

July 7th, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Crout for years. He is the best doctor I have had for my Lupus Disease.

January 3rd, 2016