Dr. James Crumb MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

June 8th, 2016
Took a family member...
I was asked to go w a family member who is fairly new to pain management. She was embarrassed because a family member of mine is a total outcast and thinks nothings ever wrong w any of us. Not only did he seem to care; he also made sure her medications were designed for her. He is a very smart fellow. I have been in PM for along time. Started out off down government boulevard with one of the most respected drs in the country (Rothrock). The approach the doc takes is unique. He's not bent on making you take an unwanted treatment, and like I was told when I started PM, after hurting in my early twenties so badly that I was letting pain ruin my life, pain control meds are a blessing if u need them..and a commitment. There is no point in taking a narcotic if the dose is too low or high, if that is your route. That was my advice, and I've been able to live by it, as my cousin is learning and no longer fears. From the compassionate dr I observed, if he's taking new clients, he may have one me over. That takes some doing. But, we'll see. Be glad you have this dr in your area that will work w medications and ask u about what treatments you've had...how to approach...what medicines or procedures have worked. Thanks dr. You may bary if at all noticed I've been in w her a couple times, but your attitude, well, you may have convinced me through her to give you a shot. Her medicines are working great, and she no longer fears her visits. Nor, does she mind rude, ignorant comments by our own family. She's taken my advice keeps her medical business private, and like myself, people are shocked to see her out and about doing so well. Like me, 15 years ago, with she never imagined narcotics could make you better, active, and change one's quality of life. Just being able to swim and be active again is a blessing. Thank you for her sake.

October 29th, 2015
I have seen Dr Crumb for about three years now.I was seeing Dr Ruan at Physicians pain clinic who has been indicted for fraud and overprescribing and all sorts of other things.Dr Crumb and his entire staff are courteous and professional.Dr Crumb just doesnt precribe pain meds,he does blood work for other things such as diabetes and cholesterol.Dr Crumb and his staff care about you as a patient and he wants to make sure his patients are healthy.I have had nothing but a great expierence with Dr Crumb and am glad he is my doctor.Sometimes the wait is a bit long but it is that way at any pain management clinic.Dr Crumb and his staff get five stars from me.

October 12th, 2015
pill pusher...thinks he's God...loves to get patient hooked on opiods so they will keep coming back...

July 24th, 2015
I am shocked at some of these reviews. Dr. Crumb is the 1st of 3 pain management doctors I've seen to take a total body approach in order to reduce my pain meds. Listened to me, explained everything in great detail,and answered all my questions. Very friendly but professional. I will definitely continue to see him!

May 26th, 2015
Really great doctor, he goes over any and all health conditions.

May 16th, 2015
Isn't it funny
It seems as if every good review this dr has is written bye a friend or family member and clearly not bye anyone that has actually been seen bye him there are a script... Which is how he operates if you actually need help seek another physician and don't waste your time or money... Worst so called dr ever should not be able to practice

May 14th, 2015
If your in pain find another dr
Horrible wait times I was his 3rd patient and waited 5hrs just to have him come in and be rude and arrogant and refused to listen to anything I said. I am a amputee as well as other injuries and he gave me 2 hydracodone 10 a day... While I sat in the waiting room for 5 hrs I talked w other patients and they where getting far more than they needed but I have to suffer.. I am proudly no longer a patient of his.. I would rather suffer through the pain than have to deal w such a horrible dr. I highly recommend going to another dr., ANY other would be better than him!

September 15th, 2014
Great & Knowledgeable
I came to see Dr. Crumb for DDD, I also have scoliosis. He was described to me as a Physiologist. He had terrific bedside manner and listened to my concerns. I am hoping to get back in with him as my current bone doctor considers himself a pain management doc. So hopefully I will see you soon doc. He even popped a disk back into place for me. This man knows his stuff people. Any good doctor is worth the wait...trust me, they aren't back there twiddling their thumbs.

November 19th, 2013
I have called office for 2 days and cant get a return call. I dont know how else to get in touch with you, can you tell me how to reach you?? I have a serious situation that I either need to talk to you or your nurse. I have even tried to make appointment and was told that I couldnt see you until December!!

November 15th, 2013
My father has to go see this Dr. He has him on so many medications, that if he actually took them all he would die. Even his primary says this, and in all honesty he is very rude. I went with my father a few times, and when asking why he was having him take specific medications he kept trying to walk of of the room. I had to physically block the doorway to keep him in the room to answer my questions. There is no reason on earth that someone should be prescribed over twenty different medications for a months time every single month. I honestly wish that he would lose his licence to practice. Very upset daughter. I gave him a star because the web site makes you in order to submit your review.

July 24th, 2012
Changing Doctor
Dr Crumb has now become a Holistic type doctor in which he is only concerned in trying new unestablished medicines. In fact, you now have to sign documentation stating that Dr Crumb will be prescribing meds that are not FDA approved and you must sign the release relieving him of any faults. You will not be able to see any other doctor of any kind so no one can see what he is doing. Has become very mysterious. Displays his wifes paintings with prices in his rooms now and is trying to sell herbal powders along with other meds that have no value to you. If your not ill prior to visisting him you will be afterwards taking the untold amounts of prescriptions that he will try to get you to consume. No professionalism from the front desk to the doctor himself.

November 3rd, 2011
Not Recommended
Don't plan on seeing Dr. Crumb unless you are willing to commit to some incredibly long waiting times. My average wait to be seen was 2 hours with a minimum wait of one hour and one horribly long wait of nearly 5 hours. You can't just get up and walk out because if you do, then you don't have a prescription to get your pain medication and you are really going to suffer. I stuck with him for 2 years and kept getting worse before I changed doctors and got immediate relief. Sadly, he is a really nice guy.