Dr. James Cuellar MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Wentzville, MO

April 24th, 2015
Easy, timely, respectful, courteous desk, nice facility.

April 7th, 2015
My family has gone to Dr Cuellar since 1979 - couldn't be happier!

November 6th, 2012
dropping patients
After having Cuellar for a physician for many years he sent me a letter dismissing me from his practice which excluded me from any ssm health family medicine doctor within my area and from two locations. States that I was seeing two physicians at the same time when the other was a pain management clinic that he referred me too. Pulling entire family and friends from this practice although Im sure this wont affect their lifestyles or money but they sure didnt have any problem billing me 100's of dollars through the years and collecting on my insurance plans. Referring to my attorney for malpractice for leaving me without any medical doctor and having to go to ER when care is needed. Highly advise not to seek treatment from the Wentzville or Warrenton SSM Health Centers. I don't care about winning a case or money but I don't think they should get to practice a profession and throw a person on the street when they know your medical file and issues. Do not give them your business for your own health risks.

October 14th, 2012
dr cuelar or dr arrogant
very arrogant,called him when he was on call and was extremely rude,hung up on me,was very rude to my wife and acted like i was out of line by calling him and asking him a question,let me know that i was pretty much interupting his day by bothering him with a question,will never go see him again and will never refer him to anybody, rudest doctor that i have ever met

May 5th, 2011
BEST DOCTOR I EVER HAD
I was almost sad to be moving to the beach in Florida because it meant Dr. Cuellar wouldn't be my doctor anymore. He was efficient and took the time to explain problems to me as well as options. Not just a pill-pusher, like others I've gone to. Spent more time with me than any other doctor and I never had the problems with office staff that others have written about. In fact, one staff member sat down with me for 30 minutes as we figured out exactly what to say on a form to get me disability pay while I was medically disabled for about a month. I've left doctors over issues with the staff, but that didn't happen here.

December 14th, 2010
Great Doctor, Horrible Office
I have had this doctor for several year and he is great but the phone line system has only managed to get worse and worse. You basically can not get an appointment or anyone on the phone unless you are able to call ever 30 secs. All you ever get is a recording telling you to call back. Example I have been trying to get an appointment since 9 am it is now 12:30pm

May 18th, 2010
Great Doctor, Not so Great Communication Systems
I have been a patient of Dr. Cuellar for almost fifteen years. He has great bedside manner and is very knowledgeable and attentive.Unfortunately, either Dr. Cuellar leaves the office administration in someone else's hands or simply doesn't care that his patients are encountering frequent issues with reaching his office staff. I almost always dread calling his practice, as it is frequently next to impossible to reach a human being. Why?1. The phone system does not accept messages, so when you don't reach someone, you cannot ask for a return call, you must call back yourself and fight the system once again.2. Despite the office hours being stated in the automated greeting, it is frequently inaccurate. For example, I called today (a Tuesday) at 3:30pm only to be greeted with an "office is closed" recording, despite the fact that the same recording says the office is open on Tuesdays until 6:30pm!3. Getting a prescription refilled is a chore. The phone system says to have your pharmacy call in the refill request and to allow one business day. On several occasions I've waited three days or longer without the office calling the pharmacy back; many times I have had to call the office directly to ask why there has been a delay in calling in the refill.I have brought up these complaints to Dr. Cuellar in person, and his explanation is always the same, that the phone system is to blame. After several years of complaints, I would think that something could and would be done to improve such a vital link between the physicians in the practice and their patients. Even if I accept his word that the phone system is causing a lot of these issues, it does not explain the unacceptable delays in calling back pharmacies to authorize prescription refills.

December 3rd, 2009
Absolutely Amazing
Scheduled an appointment with ease for the same day.No wait time in the waiting room.Dr. Cuellar knew what was wrong and exactly how to treat it.He answered other questions that I had as well.I will continue to go back!I recommended him to my girlfriend and will continue to recommend him to others!

August 6th, 2008
Great bedside manner
Dr Cuellar really took the time to listen to all my problems.