inactive

• Good
  • Bad

April 18th, 2017
Great Doctors, Bad Office Service
Dr. Cunnar and the medical staff are wonderful. Five star. But the office staff is one star. They cancel online appointments claiming they weren't available. They've given us prescriptions dated over 90 days old. They don't seem to read and understand forms.

December 11th, 2015
Dr. Gunnar and his staff are fantastic.

May 30th, 2012
Always has time for patients, and cares about their needs.

March 19th, 2012
Wonderful Experience
Both Dr. Cunnar and Karla Holtzman are wonderful. They take the time to listen, explain what is going on and seem to take that appropriate actions. My wife and I have been going to them for 6 years and we both think they are wonderful.

February 7th, 2012
Dismissal
I visited Dr. Cunnar several times with multiple symptoms. The initial visit he listened well and seemed sincere and ordered diagnostic tests. When the test came back fine after that initial visit, he always told me I was fine and treated me very impatiently. He told me he did blood work looking for "Everything" but never explained to me what that was. I finally got a diagnosis from another Dr. and it is a life threatening one. I would never return to Dr. Cunnar refer anyone else to him either. Also, his billing department was incompetant in handling my claims and then was rude to me when I went to see him claiming I had a balance, when they admitted it was there mistake but that I had to fix it. I am just happy I have a diagnosis and can begin my treatment- 10 years later.
Doctor's Response

My usual and customary approach when ordering tests is to explain each and every one to the patient. I am sorry I did not explain what tests I was ordering in a patient-friendly manner. We also call back every test we order, so you should of received a phone call from one of our nurses regarding the results of your blood work. I would be happy to personally address this with you - my email is jcunnar@dupagefamilymedicine.com.

June 2nd, 2011
Dr. Cunnar is great! Every time my boys are in to see him he is professional, while still making everything not so scary for them by speaking to them "on their level". Dr. Cunnar will answer any question you have, and if your question is after hours, he has an easily accessible e-mail address.

March 10th, 2011
smartest dr in naperville
dr cunnar is a smart guy! He knows his medicine and doesn't seem to care too much what insurance companies are telling him to do. I'm sick of Edward drs always trying to switch me to something that gives them a better kickback wherease Dr Cunnar will prescribe what is right ... even if it isn't a drug. Thanks for being honest with us Doctor.

May 31st, 2010
Arrogant and uncaring
I have been seeing Dr. Cunnar for about 10 years. I rarely call after hours; only if it is an emergency. This weekend was one of those times. He would not listen to me at all and told me "Well, I was in my office yesterday". I don't know how this was supposed to help a situation that happened after hours... I also ended up in the hospital for 3 days with pneumonia after I was diagnosed with H1N1 and he refused to see me when my fever wouldn't go done. He said that was normal... even though 4 days after starting medication my fever had gone away and then returned.... Never did he apologize. He bragged about going to Disney with his family while having H1N1. Nice.On the flip side, his PA, Karla, and Nurse Angel are wonderful and the reason I have not switched sooner. Karla will bend over backwards and really spend time with you. If it wasn't for almost ending up in the hospital a second time in 6 months, I would stay with Karla. I should mention, I am a healthy woman in my early 30s. Not usually the age of frequent hospitalizations. Steer clear!
Doctor's Response

There is a significant difference in opinion as to what "happened" with this patient. I never bragged about going on vacation with H1N1. She didn't end up in the hospital a second time. I didn't get the patient sick. This was just a personality clash between patient and physician. I feel badly that the relationship ended on this sour note.

October 29th, 2016