Dr. James Baker MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

June 5th, 2017
Dr Baker was recommended to me at the ER after a head-on collision that left my right thumb barely attached. He operated within 48 hrs and I had to take therapy to get to use my hand again. I will never have the full use of my thumb again, but I am thankful that he was able to repair it and keep the results down to a minimum. Looking at my thumb, you would not believe that it was considered as one of the worst breaks he had seen for quite a while, it barely shows unless you know it is there. I am very grateful to him and his team to get me back to normal again.

May 27th, 2017
All The Bedside Manner of Doc Martin
Take a look at his ratings - they're either a 1 or a 5! That's weird, & I have a theory: He likes younger patients & reviles the older ones; maybe it's because of Medicare, perhaps it's just elder discrimination. Younger patients give him a 5, the older ones a 1. And he doesn't believe in pain relief, either before or after surgery. His office told my wife that the carpal tunnel surgery would be her pain relief, and then he cancelled the scheduled surgery! His office never even called her back to reschedule or see how she was doing. Marcus Welby he ain't! And his office is just as arrogant as he is!!! Do yourself a favor and go to Beacon like we are.

January 27th, 2017
Two thumbs up
Very pleased and satisfied with Dr Baker's delicate surgical repair of a complex finger injury. Dr Baker emphasized the degree of injury, thoroughly explained the repair, skillfully performed the surgery, and stressed the importance of therapy. I consider myself fortunate to have been under his care and would highly recommend without hesitation.

December 22nd, 2016
Poor post surgery patient care
My mom went to Dr. Baker for a double wrist carpal tunnel surgery. 4 days after surgery one hand was very swollen with a large and hard bump near the incision. She called the office and Dr. Baker was not concerned. He said to use ice, which she couldn't use because it made her entire forearm feel as if it was on fire. It took 3 days of her calling to get in to see him again. He didn't agree to see her until her incision started heavily draining. He doesn't care about patients once they are off his surgery table. Very very poor patient care.

September 8th, 2016
My comminuted fracture on left wrist required a large plate and 9 screws. The healing had no infection or much pain. I have full motion back after 9 weeks. Dr. Baker is an amazing surgeon and likable personality!

March 16th, 2016
Would recommend Dr. Baker to friends and family. He performed my wrist surgery and was exceptional. He always followed up, was a good listener and was always very patient with my injury.

August 12th, 2014
Worst doctor ever. Totally rude and uncaring. This doctor and office are only interested in one thing....MONEY!

January 20th, 2014
Great
Was recommended to see Dr. Baker after a injury at work at that resulted in what's called Gamekeepers thumb and was very nervous if I would be able to return back to the warehouse anytime soon. First appointment with Dr. Baker went very well and he is definitely my kind of people. The office and the staff at his office in Edgewood were great. Dr. Baker explained the course of treatment, the surgery went very well. Minimal downtime and now I'm back at work with complete mobility. He is a prince of a man and one heck of a doctor.

September 5th, 2013
Horrible
My husband was "treated" by this "Doctor". The after care was horrific....the surgery care was horrific....the result was worse. Must go to another physician and get it done right! Unbelieveable the treatment my husband received from the doctor after the surgery. I think he may have actually been seen by this doctor once after the surgery and then he was poorly treated by him. I would NEVER refer anyone to this place and would absolutely discourage anyone from ever going.

October 22nd, 2012
Awesome!
Dr. Baker was just what I needed after being treated extremely poorly by another Doctor at another practice. He took care of what I needed right then and was so helpful and compassionate.

January 7th, 2017