A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Brooks:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Brooks is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Brooks, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hot Flashes
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Urologic Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Brooks graduated from Stanford University. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Brooks has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Brooks accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Santa Clara Family Health Plan - 3 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 14 plans