A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Bruno:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Bruno, Neurologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Bruno, MD is board certified in Neurology and Sleep Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Epilepsy / seizures
- REM sleep behavior disorder
- Sleep Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Bruno graduated from St. George's University, St Georges. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Bruno has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- John T Mather Memorial Hospital
- St Charles Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Bruno accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 34 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans