inactive

1.4

• Good
  • Bad

May 8th, 2013
The midwives with this medical group were great. Unfortunately the first time I met Dr Burgess was while I was in labor with my daughter. He happened to be the doctor on call that day. When I told him I was doing a VBAC, (I'd already delivered that way successfully once), he became very condescending and rude. His exact words to me were, "I completely disagree with what you are doing. If I could drag you into the operating room and force you to have a c-section, I would. Do not call me until you are ready to push." That was a 7am. He never came back to my room. I asked the nurse what time he was going home. When she said 5, I told her I would wait for my epidural until 1:30, that it would take 4 hours for my body to be ready to give birth. 5:45 I called my nurse, asked her if he'd left. When she said yes, and told her I was ready to push. 10 minutes later, my daughter was delivered by another, much kinder doctor.

May 9th, 2011
Horrible attitude
would not choose this doctor again. Should have read his reviews and listened. Doctor is very arrogant and rude. Would not trust him his bedside manor is horrible.

April 28th, 2011
Caring but slow
Dr. Burgess is a very caring physician with good bedside manners. What I don't like about him is the extremely long time waiting for the appointment. I spent almost 2 hours waiting. I do wish he was faster and get to the point quickly. I would guess that he would be a great physician for someone having their first baby (or second) because he appears to be very patient, which is very important! I am not sure if I would like for him to do any type of surgery (other than c-section) on me.

October 6th, 2010
Dr. Burgess is a paternalistic jerk. He does not discuss things with you. With me, he also unnecessarily played the "dead baby" card when I dared question what he was telling me. He also made me wait 2 hours to see him. According to all the office staff, this is normal with him. I suppose this is to be expected... he had no respect for me, so why should he have respect for my time?It's a shame because the midwives in the practice are excellent. I don't know why they have him as their medical doctor on staff.

July 23rd, 2015