A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Cole:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Cole is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cole
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Cole Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Cole, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Age-related vision loss (Presbyopia)
- Cataract Surgery
- Far-sightedness (Hyperopia)
- Graves Disease (Thyroid Eye Disease)
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Laser Eye Surgery (Photorefractive Keratectomy)
- Macular Degeneration
- Near Sightedness (Myopia)
- Ocular Hypertension
- Optic Nerve inflammation (Optic Neuritis)
- Orbital Cellulitis
- Pink eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Refractive Errors
- Uveitis (Sympathetic Ophthalmia)
Education & Awards
Dr. Cole graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Dwight Cole MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 21 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. James D. Cole practice?
- Dr. James Cole has 7 office locations.
Dr. James Cole practices Ophthalmology near Fort Myers, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Cape Coral, FL and Port Charlotte, FL.
See Fort Myers Ophthalmologists.