A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Cole:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Cole is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cole
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Cole Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Cole, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Age-related vision loss (Presbyopia)
- Cataract Surgery
- Far-sightedness (Hyperopia)
- Graves Disease (Thyroid Eye Disease)
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Laser Eye Surgery (Photorefractive Keratectomy)
- Macular Degeneration
- Near Sightedness (Myopia)
- Ocular Hypertension
- Optic Nerve inflammation (Optic Neuritis)
- Orbital Cellulitis
- Pink eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Refractive Errors
- Uveitis (Sympathetic Ophthalmia)
Education & Awards
Dr. Cole graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Dwight Cole MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 21 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. James D. Cole practice?
- Dr. James Cole has 7 office locations.
Dr. James Cole practices Ophthalmology near Fort Myers, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Cape Coral, FL and Port Charlotte, FL.
See Fort Myers Ophthalmologists.