A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Duffy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Duffy is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Duffy
Major Depressive Disorder Patient Education Vitals patient guide for major depressive disorder and types and sypmtoms of depression such as dysthymia or postpartum.Before Visiting Dr. Duffy Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Duffy, MD is board certified in Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Duffy graduated from University Of Zimbabwe, Harare.
Dr. Duffy has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Hartford Hospital, Hartford CT
- John Dempsey Hospital Of The University Of Connecticut Health Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. James Desmond Duffy MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine.
- Where does Dr. James D. Duffy practice?
- Dr. James Duffy has 1 office location.
Dr. James Duffy practices Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine near Oakland, CA.
See Oakland Psychiatrists.