A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Fortenberry:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Fortenberry, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Internal Medicine - Adolescent Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
Education & Awards
Dr. Fortenberry graduated from University of Oklahoma , Oklahoma City.
Dr. Fortenberry has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Clarian Health Partners, Incorporated
- IU Health Methodist / IU Health University
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Fortenberry accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 1 plan
- Managed Health Services - Real Life solutions for Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James D. Fortenberry practice?
Dr. James Fortenberry practices Internal Medicine and Adolescent Medicine near Indianapolis, IN.
Additional practice locations include: South Bend, IN and Bloomington, IN.
See Indianapolis Internists and Indianapolis Adolescent Specialists.