A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Sullivan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Sullivan is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Sullivan, MD is board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Splenectomy)
- Liver Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Sullivan graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Sullivan has 9 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore University Hospital
- North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sullivan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 18 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James D. Sullivan practice?
Dr. James Sullivan practices Colon & Rectal Surgery, Surgery, and Surgical Oncology near Great Neck, NY.
See Great Neck Surgeons.