Dr. James Walter MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 31st, 2016
Always takes time to explain my medical situation(s) in terms I understand. Easy to talk to and answers questions with a positive attitude.

October 21st, 2016
Not impressed
Lacks compassion and empathy for his patients. Very arrogant, smug, and judgemental attitude.

March 27th, 2014
No sense of urgency
My father went into see James Walter complaining of chest pains. Ive had other relatives say they have done the same with their physician and their doctor and that their doctor immediately had them take tests. In my dad's case with Dr. James Walter, he put the test off a few weeks. A week later my dad was dead, no sympathetic messages to my family for a man who put his trust in his hands and gave him so much business. Now my family is left grieving because of his lack of urgency.

June 3rd, 2013
I have been coming to this office for 30 plus years. Dr James Walter is the most kind, caring, compassionate, and very knowledgable. He has always went above and beyond for our family! He has an awesome bedside manner and isn't the type of doctor that just orders tests that aren't necessary. I have never had an issue getting a same day appt. there were a few times the wait was a little long , however I used that time to read or relax in the waiting room. I wouldn't ever go to another doctor. His staff is awesome as well! They always treat you with respect and understanding! The best thing I like about Dr Walter?.,,...,. Too. Many things he is the best!! Highly educated and is up to date on all the lastest medical issues. Thank you for all you do!!

February 9th, 2012
Looking for a new doctor
I have been going to Dr. Walter for over 15 years & I have always been happy with him, the wait times used to be insane but that is because he always took whatever time you needed. That has changed, wait time shorter but so are the visits - 1 problem per visit. I made an appointment & went in to see him today, had my husband with me. We were told that my husband could not be present for the visit even though I preferred him to be present - Dr's new policy - was told I wouldn't bee seen with my husband present. The Dr Walter didn't even have the courtsy to come in & speak to us about it - just sent his help. We left.

September 16th, 2010
Not funny
He was our dr. for years. But, having inherited his dad's practice means he doesn't have to try hard to diagnose harder cases. When he couldn't figure out my brother's illness, doc said he was crazy and then quit following up on him.

January 5th, 2010
Great Doctor
Dr. Jim Walters is a great doctor. He genuinely cares about his patients and knows his job. His good sense of humor helps a lot too. The problem I have with the whole thing is getting an appointment. The office staff are very friendly for the most part, but getting a speedy appointment is an interesting endeavor to say the least. Sometimes you can get in that day, or sometimes it's next week. The wait time once signed in at the office is usually anywhere from 30 minutes to just over an hour. It's insane, bring a book. I swear the lobby needs a flat screen and cable news to pass the time. Bottom line is: Dr. Jim Walters is worth the long boring wait. The wait is long because he's overbooked most of the time. That should tell you something; he's a great doctor and is very much in demand.

February 12th, 2009
all about the money
i would never ever see him i have passing out problems and heart problems and he would not reffer me to a neroligist he gets mad if i went to the hospital because he dont get his yearly bonus,he is a poor excuse for a doctor