Dr. James Warren Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Warren?

Childhood Asthma

Childhood Asthma

Have you seen Dr. James Warren?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 11th, 2016

I had a thyroidectomy that Warren assisted on. Things seemed fine, then a few years later I had trouble talking. It hurt to speak. I went to see Warren, who put a camera down my throat and found a non-working vocal cord. He said that my cancer had returned. I told him that my endocrinologist had just done an ultrasound of my neck and everything looked good. Warren never offered to call and talk with my endo or anything. He just kept insisting that I must have a brain and body scan immediately. He scared me into having the scan. I did the scan, which showed nothing, then called my endocrinologist (who I should have called first). My endo asked if anyone had ever looked down my throat with a camera before. I said, no. He then said that the vocal cord had probably not been working for years; that a vocal cord nerve had probably been nicked or severed during the thyroidectomy long ago. I had done fine with one vocal cord until it finally became weak and then began giving me trouble. I did not have cancer again, my endo said, just an non-working vocal cord. He said that Warren’s diagnosis was totally irresponsible and unprofessional. My endocrinologist then sent me to a top-notch ENT doctor who gave me a thyroplasty (pushing the non-working cord closer to the working cord). Everything has been fine since. The ENT doctor and my voice therapist both said that Warren saying my cancer had returned was wrong and irresponsible. They were actually shocked that he said it. I never went back to see Warren and have been fine since. I think he’s a terrible doctor for scaring me about cancer and then scaring me into tests I didn’t need. I don’t recommend him to anyone. (He’s an older guy now and hopefully will be retiring soon.)

April 10th, 2015

I paid over $700 (over $2,500 billed) for tests and wasn't able to have the him spend time to diagnose or treat my illness. He just doesn't have time. A good talker though .

December 7th, 2011

Excellent surgeon!

Very knowledgeable, carried the kind of confidence one needs to see in a surgeon to trust one with operating on them. My face remains perfectly intact as he promised, I'm a very happy customer!

March 8th, 2011

Great experience with Dr. Warren

Dr. Warren is a great doctor who is kind and caring. He has helped me multiple times with my health issues. I would recommend him to anyone.

October 4th, 2010

Upbeat, Enjoys his work & is knowledgable

He made it a pleasure, very approachable!

November 19th, 2015