Dr. James Deville Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. James Deville?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 22nd, 2016

Absolutley have rave reviews of Dr. Deville. He was very thorough, answered every question I had - and some I didn't think of - and was excellent in his bedside manner and patience. He's got a great sense of humor and that's very important to me that he makes me feel I can ask questions that he doesn't think are dumb questions. I would highly recommend him and he's an excellent doctor!

October 23rd, 2016

Successful Procedure

I found Dr. Deville to be a caring professional with your best interests foremost in his mind. Dr. Deville was very thorough in his explanations of the procedure, detailing the preparations, outlining needed medications, and going over the procedure in detail. After the ablation the follow up by Dr. Deville and his staff was excellent. Each annual check up has been conducted with the same standards he set when I had the procedure. My heart is in perfect rhythm now and has been for the past three years. Well done, Dr. Deville!

December 5th, 2015

A wonderful doctor, I recommend Dr. Deville highly. He did my surgery in 2005.

October 29th, 2014

Too busy

I saw Dr. Deville for the previous two years, but recently stopped seeing him. As his reviews state, he is very bright; however, he has become too busy. His wait time for an appointment is 2-3 months, which is acceptable for a good doctor. His office called me the day before my appointment and said he had to cancel because of an emergency surgery. I understand 100%. What turned me off was that my alternative options were to 1. See his assistant (I waited 3 months to see Dr. Deville, not his assistant) or 2. Reschedule for 3 months later. My thought is, if you have to reschedule, offer me something earlier than 3 months away. Or at least, offer to see another Doctor in his facility, not his assistant.

July 17th, 2014

Bad doc

Botched ablation, plus he said failed stress test was due to "summer heat." WRONG -- it was cholesterol occlusion.

October 24th, 2011

Didn't work

Dr. Deville is very charming but was ineffective treating my a fib. He performed two unsuccessful ablations on me. Both times I had complications including pericaditis (sp.?). When preparing to do my third procedure, he told me that the artery was 50% occluded and we would have to reschedule. He said he would have to consult with mayo clinic and others for a new approach and would get back to me in a week. he never got back to me after repeated attempts on my part to reach him for over a month. I had to walk in to his office to see him. Very disappointing results. Went to another doctor who successfully treated me. I could say more, but I think you get the picture.

April 12th, 2011

Very bad communicator - multiple errors in judgement concerning patient care -

February 27th, 2011

ms

Dr. Deville's staff is the most effective and friendly I have encountered in my 40 years of cardiology visits.

November 17th, 2010

Loved this doc!

November 17th, 2010

That girl that works for him named Tasha is incompetent, and very ghetto.

January 21st, 2010

Had a bad experience with this doctor

I went to this doctor for years to treat my Arrhythmias. He was able to diagnose me right away. The treatment seemed to help. I always had to wait a long time to see the doctor, but he seemed very personable and nice. After quite a few years, my condition became much worse. I had more trouble getting to see him. I saw the PA more. I was given more medication. Then finally scheduled for a cardiac ablation. I had total faith in my doctor. I went to sleep feeling very confident that I would wake up and be well. When I finally did wake up I was in cardiac ICU and felt terrible. My husband told me the the operation had not gone as planned and instead of a careful burn of the targeted areas, a probe had gone thru my heart causing 500 ccs of blood to leak out of my heart. My heart was 50% collapsed by the time they got the drain put in and saved me. I was dissapointed, but determined to try again. I was grateful the doc had saved me. But he never called to check on me. I was 9 hours without any pain meds and vomiting continously. It was very painful with the tube in my chest. I finally got meds becuz the nurse called the partner. He never came to see me in the hospital at all or contacted me. At checkout I was told by the nurse to see the doc in 3 wks. But I had trouble getting an appt. The office would not work me in. I did see the PA, who had no information and could find nothing on me in the records. I kept trying to see the doc becuz I had questions, but the doc cancelled my next 3 appointments the day before I was to come in each time. Months pasted, I had not seen my doctor and I still felt terrible. I finally went to another doctor where I have been getting treatment and finally feel better over a year later. You will have to decide if you want this doctor to operate on you. I would not go back myself.

October 18th, 2009

Dr. Brian Deville is awesome!

Our Dad had to have the leads to his defibulator extracated and new leads replaced. Our family checked everywhere and talked to many doctors to find the best Doctor in the country to preform this serious operation. Our search was narrowed to the Clevland clinic in Ohio or Dr. Deville in Plano TX. After more research we determined the Clevland clinic was good but it was a "teaching clinic" and there were no guarantee's who might actually do the surgery so Dr. Deville was our choice. We were told ahead of time you might have a long wait in his office for visits, we did, but the care he would give would be worth the wait, it was. We as a family talked about our expierince with Dr. Deville after the surgery, which went exceptionally well, and to a person it was decided that we had never been with a better doctor. We all felt at ease from the moment he started to talk to us in his office. He knows what he is doing, he has done hundreds of proceedures, he is careing, and professional. It's hard to find the right words to convey our feelings toward him, but let me say that we feel that all of the many prayers from our friends and family were answered when we found him. He is a God send and we all feel blessed to have had him for our Dads doctor. In our opinion there is not a better Doctor in this country than Dr. Brain Deville, for a heart related surgery. The Baylor Heart Hospital in Plano Tx is awesome!