A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Diamond:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Diamond, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Injuries
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Diamond graduated from Georgetown University, Washington.
Dr. Diamond has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Touro Infirmary
- Promise Specialty Hospital of Baton Rouge
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Diamond accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Humana - 15 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Louisiana Medicaid - 1 plan